Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Call/fold?

[ QUOTE ]
a call would be 70. after that, the pot would be 30+70+70+10+15 = 195, so a pot-sized raise would be to make it 265 to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot one (edit: actually two!) MP callers. A pot raise will be 255, which means a raise to 325. As it's almost half of hero's stack, pushing is not a bad option at all at this spot with all the action in front. Very good chance for an underpair/Ax call here, in this <$50 buy-in. Any other reasonable raise makes for a pretty awkward situation post-flop, in some cases, like here.

(Edited to add callers and change numbers)
Old 01-18-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you reraised the size of the pot, you would accomplish what you wanted and save about 70 or so chips in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your idea regarding reraising "the size of the pot" is confused.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:22 PM

I now like Mantis' idea of pushing here. Originally I hadn't bothered to thoroughly add up all the $ in the pot (ugh, cardinal poker sin) and thought a bet to ~225 was about right. However, since the pot is already 255 then I think it's probably push time pre-flop here. If it chases everyone out, then so be it -- free chips are free chips!

Yugoslav
Old 01-18-2005, 05:42 PM

Yeah, I think pushing would have been best. I wanted a caller but I suspect I would have gotten one anyway.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:01 PM

I think it's a fold, but I think it's a little closer than others do. For a whole lot of the players you see at the Party 22s (is that where we are?), the range of hands you'll see played this way includes plenty that you're ahead of, (KQ, QQ, TT-66). (Though arguably, against the player playing those hands that way, you can fold and get your chips back from him soon enough...)