Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 01:33 PM

Default How did I play my JJ?

This is my very first hand post on these forums, so please be gentle with me. On a second thought, dont be gentle, spank me hard if I did something wrong... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] which I most likely did.

Anyway, its a freeroll tournament on multipoker. Some 900 people in it and at this point there are around 600 left.
No reads on any of the players.

Could I have gotten more out of this hand, or was I way out and should have folded somewhere?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (10 handed) converter

BB (t420)
UTG (t1515)
UTG+1 (t1000)
Hero (t990)
MP1 (t975)
MP2 (t2885)
MP3 (t865)
CO (t635)
Button (t880)
SB (t920)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t50, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t100</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls t50.

Flop: (t275) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t250</font>, UTG calls t125.

Turn: (t775) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t150, Hero goes All-in</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: t925

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. </font>

*bending over to receive spanking*
Old 01-18-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: How did I play my JJ?

You won chips with JJ and no set. Be happy.

And in freerolls, this is especially a good play as many will call all-in with overcards.

Fine job, but I wouldn't post too many freeroll tourney questions.

Brad
Old 01-18-2005, 03:09 PM

*bending over to receive spanking*

Very masochistic of you. I think you played it fine except you should've raised more preflop. My standard open with these blinds is 150. The min-raise on the flop is a good line I suppose, although I probably would have pushed.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:08 PM

yes, raise more preflop. i'd make it 200 to go.

raise more on the flop. 400-450 would me good. you don't want to give cheap cards to a hand like AQ that has a lot of outs.

welcome to the forum!
Old 01-18-2005, 05:11 PM

Why shouldn't I post freeroll hands? The theory and decisions are the same anyway right? I mean, there are some money at stake for those who finish among the first so people don't play their hands like play money.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:32 PM

Ya, rereading my post I sounded like a jackass, I'm sorry about that.

I was just posting that from my previous experience on these forums. I've just seen freeroll questions berated, and therefore I waited until I was playing real moolah to post more frequently.

I was more putting that as a warning or something I guess.

[ QUOTE ]
The theory and decisions are the same anyway right? I mean, there are some money at stake for those who finish among the first so people don't play their hands like play money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Freeroll strategy is MUCH MUCH different than real money srategy though. And yes, there are some payouts for top 3, top 9, whatever, but that changes things a great deal as well.

Players playing for a few bucks play a lot differently than those playing for thousands. You can't bluff much, you can't force people to make decisions based on pot odds, implied odds, et cetera in these tournaments. That's just to start the list.

You played the hand great. Honestly. And I apologize for my comment about not posting about freerolls. Didn't mean for it to come off that way.

Brad
Old 01-18-2005, 05:57 PM

My entire bankroll is just winnings from freerolls...anyway, you have to adapt to the payout structure of freerolls, anyway I will give u few tips experience has teached me.
1) DONT BLUFF
2) MONSTER HAND = ALL IN
3) DONT BLUFF
4) DONT BLUFF
Old 01-18-2005, 07:51 PM

I don't think your remark about freerolls came off that bad actually.
And if you guys say it's a big difference... I'm listening [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]