Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: How many more year will u Full time in poker? And your furture\'s plan?

If you start a business, you can still play in your leisure time. You sound like you don't really like playing poker that much. Maybe you are playing too much. There is no reason why you can't just play a reasonable amount of time and keep your life balanced.

Also, they say the LAST thing someone should do is start a business to gain free time. You will work twice as many hours as the regular working stiff, and probably more hours than a poker pro.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:46 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: How many more year will u Full time in poker? And your furture\'s plan?

[ QUOTE ]
Mr Jim,

Have you ever considered that a large proportion of the world's populace do not speak and write English as their first language?

Can you not get your head around the fact that English is in fact Kim2005's second language?

Can you write in a second language as well as Kim2005 can write in English?

You are nothing but an ignorant, narrow-minded American moron. It is in fact you who is the one in need of a decent worldly education. If you have nothing useful to add to a thread then don't add it.

Kim, your contributions are welcome. Please continue to post and ignore these pricks who think America is the only country on this planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was a great post until you started hating on my country
Old 01-18-2005, 08:48 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
Mr Jim,

Have you ever considered that a large proportion of the world's populace do not speak and write English as their first language?

Can you not get your head around the fact that English is in fact Kim2005's second language?

Can you write in a second language as well as Kim2005 can write in English?

You are nothing but an ignorant, narrow-minded American moron. It is in fact you who is the one in need of a decent worldly education. If you have nothing useful to add to a thread then don't add it.

Kim, your contributions are welcome. Please continue to post and ignore these pricks who think America is the only country on this planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, just cause you're still pissed about how America owned you in the Revolutionary War and the UK is now basically a colony of America, don't take it out on mrjim!

[/ QUOTE ]

Being offended by comments like this and immedeately defending yourself/your country, is, in my experience (it's not really experience either, I'm basing it almost only on prejudice), very american'ish too.

I know I didn't explain that very well. English is only my second language, sorry.

Also, I'm sure UK people can be just as rude and arrogant, but I haven't come across those UK'ers yet, or at least not as many/as much as americans.

And Kim, no one important will care about language mistakes, so don't worry about it. I know I don't.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:48 PM

Just to clarify, my response was an attack on MrJim's attitude to the OP, not American's in general. However, it must be said that posts similar to Mr Jim's are almost certainly going to be from an American. It is a fact that America contains a lot of people who don't care or have any understanding about any place, language or way of life outside of America. I am not saying there are no highly intelligent, well-rounded Americans (there are - 95% of posters on this forum for example). But I would not expect a post like MrJim's to be posted by any non-American (Canadian, Brit, European, whatever). Furthermore, the US is far far more insular than the UK.

I am not in any way anti-American. And for that matter, I am not pro-British either. In fact, I despise the UK, the government, and the capitalist attitude that is taking this country to the dogs. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and the government won't do anything to change it.

Anyway, we are getting somewhat off topic, if you wish to continue this discussion I would be happy to in the Politics forum.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:37 PM

I come to this forum just want to talk about poker, sorry for ppl that feel hard to understand my english......but if ppl really hate to read for my post please just ignore me( I am not angry I just don't want to keep answering comment for my english problem, coz I type english very slow)

Anyway, it look like there is not much ppl here want to talk about their furture, do ppl just want to keep moving up? I just feel it is boring for a whole life full-time job. Many ppl have post their Goal's 2005, how about a longer Goal such as Goal's 2007 or Goal's 2010?
Old 01-18-2005, 05:47 PM

I'll try and get this thread back on track as I too am interested in people's responses to the OP stated question.

In response to kim2005, I am currently working in a job that I completely hate and playing poker at night when I get home. I plan on quitting in June and to start playing poker full time while attending classes to get my Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certificate. It should take me about a year and a half to get the certificate and will probably stop playing full time after that and start looking for a 9-5 CFP job.

There's one exception to my above plan and that's if I can make a ton of money playing poker, in the $80K-$100K range, then I might continue playing poker for a few years and perhaps get into real estate with all the saved money. Just my general plan.

Kevin
Old 01-18-2005, 05:49 PM

kim, you are fine. Keep posting. and i still want to die at a poker table. Preferably on top of a huge mounntain of black chips.

peace

john nickle
Old 01-18-2005, 05:56 PM

Hi Kim,

My plan for the future is to make enough money to fund my own movie studio some day. I don't know if it will ever happen but that is my goal. I think there are a lot of great scripts out there that go unoticed and I'd travel the country and world looking for ones to produce.

Now I doubt I could make this happen by myself, but who knows, I'm allowed to dream right?
Old 01-18-2005, 06:24 PM

I am happy to hear ppl's furture plan/dream, everyone have a dream and many dream can't suceed without money. It is great for us to meet poker, if no poker my income will drop quite a lot, and my dream to operate my own business will at least extend 10 yrs longer.

May be 10-20 yrs later many of us have ours own bussiness all over the world,I think thatwill be quite a lot and we can make a 2+2er's discount card and can meet them when u travel there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we can make a 2+2er's discount card and can meet them when u travel there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you open up a chain of hotels in exotic locations. I'll get free rooms, you get free movie rentals... That's fair right?