Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: LONG - AC Trip Report - AKA Hotel Bonus Whoring w/2+2ers

I agree. I'm glad to hear there's another voice of reason around here.

My post was more along the lines of "If you say something really low I'll explain that the Borg is nicer to playa at, if you say something semi-high I'll explain that you have to go to the Borg."
Old 01-18-2005, 01:55 AM

As usual a lot of funny stuff happened in the cardroom.

First, after coming back from the Empire Party, I was stopped in the cardroom by one of the players I had played 20/40 against the night before. He says that he saw me at the Empire thing and he wanted to know my opinion of the site. He says that he sees lots of unusual things and he doesn't trust the site. He tells me that at the party he talked to one of the Empire people and let them know his concerns (I'm sure they loved that).

Sunday night at the Borgata I wanted to have a Scotch, so I asked the waitress what kinds they had. She said she didn't know because the machine that they get the liqour out of was broken and they were pouring everything out of bottles. I told her to bring me what she has. She comes back with the glass. I ask her what kind of Scotch it is and she says, "I can't remember the name on the bottle, but its German." It was horrendous.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:59 AM

How were the games Sunday night?

The Sunday 20 game is usually inexplicably great. I guess the fact that Joanna is often there has something to do with it...

scrub
Old 01-18-2005, 02:20 AM

All of the games I played in were great except the for the Saturday night game which was just OK. I don't think I played against Joanna.

The best one was Monday afternoon before I left - it was inexplicably great. There was a very good player in the game who got called for the 40/80 and didn't want to leave. There is nothing like raising UTG with Aces and getting called by 6 people, then betting the flop and turn and getting called by five people on both streets. Then betting the river unimproved, one caller, MHIG.

I will definitely be back there soon and often.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All of the games I played in were great except the for the Saturday night game which was just OK. I don't think I played against Joanna.

The best one was Monday afternoon before I left - it was inexplicably great. There was a very good player in the game who got called for the 40/80 and didn't want to leave. There is nothing like raising UTG with Aces and getting called by 6 people, then betting the flop and turn and getting called by five people on both streets. Then betting the river unimproved, one caller, MHIG.

I will definitely be back there soon and often.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 20/40 at the Borgata is easily the best 20/40 game on the east coast. I haven't been to LA, but it's better than any 15 or 20 game I've played in out in California as well.

Last week, the 40/80 and 80/160 games were consistently great as well.

Was the player who didn't want to leave Brandon?

scrub
Old 01-18-2005, 11:00 AM

good point. 6/12 or 5/10 passive games would be my preference...seems like borg is the place then
Old 01-18-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sunday night at the Borgata I wanted to have a Scotch, so I asked the waitress what kinds they had. She said she didn't know because the machine that they get the liqour out of was broken and they were pouring everything out of bottles. I told her to bring me what she has. She comes back with the glass. I ask her what kind of Scotch it is and she says, "I can't remember the name on the bottle, but its German." It was horrendous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've asked a few times for scotch and have never gotten a straight answer to what they have (nothing that I've asked for though). Whatever they have, even though it's free, it's still not worth it.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:10 PM

Still can't believe I forgot to crash the Empire party. Time flies when you're losing.

Anyone wondering how long the lowlimit Borgata lines should know I signed up for 2-4 at 3pm, hung around for a while, left, played at Taj for 5 hours, came back to Borgata and was #2 on the list at about 10:30. In other words, go elsewhere.

Men the Master made a brief appearance at my table at Taj. Guess he knew our dealer. Turns out he was picking up his daughter who had been playing at the table next to mine. Two observations: Men's daughter is a babe and people get stupid around "celebrities."

Taj decided to put most of their tv's on the Jets/Pitt game in the fourth quarter. Unfortunately, half the tv's used a DirecTV feed and were 3 secs behind the other tvs. If you were unlucky enough to have one of the DirecTV's the rest of the poker room was reacting before your play was even run. Not good times.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:20 PM

waiting for your own name to come up on the 2/4 list is highly unnecessary.......
Old 01-18-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
waiting for your own name to come up on the 2/4 list is highly unnecessary.......

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about that. They would rattle of 5 names at a time who weren't there, I was seriously thinking of going up there and saying "Hi, I'm 'Jane', gimme my seat."