Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 03:26 AM

Default NL50 AK trips hand, awkward turn decision

No real read, other than he's not a complete maniac.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (10 handed) converter

UTG+1 ($118.31)
UTG+2 ($92.15)
MP1 ($60.79)
MP2 ($80.7)
MP3 ($47.5)
CO ($47.5)
Button ($174.6)
SB ($56.35)
BB ($75.05)
Hero ($52.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB (poster) calls $2.50, BB calls $2.

Flop: ($9) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, SB calls $8, BB folds.

Turn: ($25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], SB pushes all-in for ~$40, Hero...

(edited because i don't know how to use the hand converter)
Old 01-15-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: NL50 AK trips hand, awkward turn decision

rumpy bumpy
Old 01-15-2005, 07:11 PM

Hm... this is a tough call. It would help if you had some sort of read on your opponent. Basicly I see him having two possible hands. He either has the other K and is now looking to protect his hand from allowing someone with a club to outdraw. Or he does indeed have the flush. If he does have the flush you've got 9 outs for the full house giving you a little worse than 1/4 chance of hitting. The pot's offering you about 1 to 1.7 I don't think you can count on him pushing with a hand worse than yours (i.e. the other K) enough of the time to make up for the difference in pot odds. I would say fold this.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:15 PM

i dont raise AK UTG. then i have a small pot on the flop, i bet it. on the turn, i call his (smaller) bet and see what he does on the river. if he pushes, i probably fold if i haven't filled up.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:17 PM

Yeah, the massive overbet is just so strange that it's hard to put him on any kind of hand. It's almost certain he doesn't have a full house. And why would he bet so ridiculously with a flush, certainly he would want some action with that, no?

I really really thought he just had Kx w/ no club, feared I had AA or AK w/ a club, panicked and pushed.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:45 PM

i changed my mind. i think on the turn i just say [censored] it, and call. he's representing a flush, this is a raised pot so he isn't likely to have a low flush, he doesnt have to shut you out if he has the nut flush, unless he figures you'll call with trip kings but not if a club falls on the river. what this looks like to me is he wants you to fold, but is afraid that you'll bet again and pot commit yourself so that he cant bluff raise. he might have JT.