Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 07:17 AM

Default QQ against likely flush draw

The player Tazmeister is 59/15/1.61 after 39 hands, and is extremely aggressive. The SLAP was 26/5/1.13 for 33 hands, and seemed relatively sane. Should I continue ramming and jamming against the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn? Does the fact that it was the Ace of the suit change the likelihood of the flush draw?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SL-A-P calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Tazmeister 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SL-A-P calls, Tazmeister calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (21 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SL-A-P raises</font>, Tazmeister calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SL-A-P calls, Tazmeister calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (18 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Tazmeister bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SL-A-P calls.

River: (22 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Tazmeister bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SL-A-P calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB
Old 01-15-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: QQ against likely flush draw

I would probably raise this turn since the Taz dude is so aggressive and could be betting with alot of hands.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably raise this turn since the Taz dude is so aggressive and could be betting with alot of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, it sounds more likely that Taz hit his ace, or may have picked up a club draw. If you get reraised, you still have 10 outs to beat a flush.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:43 PM

I'd raise the turn.

1. He could have AQ or soemthing.
2. If the dude behind you calls the raise you're getting 3-1 on your money when you're a 3.6-1 dog to fill up so you're not even losing that much if you know he has a flush.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:53 PM

what hand would he 3-bet with the flushdraw? I don't think any aggro is 3 betting from the SB with KJc or K10c or any two clubs since the A and Q are dead. I would be more expected to see AxKc or AxJc and the other club is the one that MP2 has with 10Jos. I think SLAP might have KQ or something along that line.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:38 PM

I'm sorry I didn't make it clear, I put SLAP on a flush draw because I had no clue what else he could have. I knew I was way ahead of the Taz. As the results turned out, the Taz turned over AT[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the SLAP turned over 55, MHIG. Random calling station guy was calling along with A7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Also, it was about 4am when I made this play and I have since realized that it was a mistake and against three opponents I have 10 outs to the near-nuts, so I should be raising for value on the turn because even those times that I'm currently behind the SLAP I can fill up and get multiple bets on the river.