Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: 2 times: 2 days FULL TILT

I think whenever your in a tourny and you think about a raise before the flop... you also have to think far enough ahead to be willing to go all in or lay it down if someone else decides to go all in. If you make a big bet and get a cold call with the SB and then an all in raise from the BB why do you call??? and if you call then it doesnt matter what anybodys cards are.... I'm not sure what the odds are after all the cards are shown before the flop but I would have been worried when I saw that I only had 2 cards to improve my hand with no draws and only for a split when the other play had three cards to improve with no draws and no split at all.... also I want aq to call my ak all the time but if I feel if for any reason i can't get heads up with someone i make a lot smaller play.... also with the call of your raise and the all in bet why where u not worried about AA KK or QQ.... I would also have been very worried if the SB would have turned over QJs.... too many plays when all i can hope for is a split... either you where willing to go all the way with it 'which u did' or u let it go and noone can fault u for going all in with AK ... so if you go all in and you lose with that hand its just poker... also remember with all the new poker players out there you will get busted with someones bad call from time to time.... all the pros talk about is all thier money but u think they win every hand???