Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 10:40 AM

Default 88 hand

UTG in this hand was Laggish 25% 15%

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I figured I could take the BB out with my check raise and there is a good chance I'm ahead. UTGs reraise could very easily just be overcards. Who caps and leads the turn?

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

since I elected not to cap the flop I think I have to play the turn this way.

River: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero??

Anyone lead this river after the third diamond hits? He may not raise even with AA.

Results Later
Old 01-14-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Re: 88 hand

Preflop and flop i play the same. I think i like checkrasing the turn and lead out on the river. On the turn if you are rerased i think i would give it up.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:43 AM

15 PFR isn't way too far laggish. And that doesn't mean that he raises UTG 15% of hands. I have 12% PFR between 7 and 10% players but my average raising hand from UTG is better than 88 far. Against laggish pal i would check-call this hand all the way until A or K happens on turn. (If A or K happens on river i would call anyway).
Old 01-14-2005, 02:31 PM

Default RESULTS

I checked the river and UTG checked behind. UTG showed A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and MHIG.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

I JUST KNEW he had the AJc !!!!
Old 01-14-2005, 04:32 PM

I will frequently 3-bet preflop in this situation, both to take control of the hand and to make sure that BB does not come in cheap.

But given the line you chose preflop, I think you played it fine the rest of the way.