Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Some hands from the WPT

Mike and Justin,
It was a pleasure meeting both of you and congrats to your successful tourney’s.
I’ll post a report when I get a chance as it’s been some week, and came back home to some unexpected hectic situations.

As for Alex, he is a brilliant individual that can certainly play.
What is scary is that NLHE is not even close to his best game. He is an expert BJ player, sports better and an excellent bridge player. I understand he is also a decent magic player. Perhaps Justin and Dave Williams can vouch for that.

Mike, sorry you felt he was an ass, guess you have to know him. He is actually very humble and down to earth, but then again you met him in some intense circumstances. Hope to meet up with you again up at FW soon. Your girl friend is very nice also.

Pete
PGA71
Old 01-13-2005, 03:17 PM

Hey man, it was a blast meeting you. Yeah. me and alex never really interacted outside of a couple of big pots we played so that can really screw with your perception of somebody. I have no doubt believing that he's got a big math mind for cards. In fact, thats why I felt ok playing against him. I felt like it was fairly easy for me to come up with the best play against him because he was never going to surprise me. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. He also managed to do damn well for himself, so who am I to say really.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:10 PM

Badass job dude. Best of luck to ya on the circuit this year.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:28 PM

Nice report Justin, and nice work in the tourney.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:06 PM

I was the preflop raiser in hand two when you flopped the nut straight. The guy with 1010 was Van Diesel from stars, and all of us were happy to see him go. What a player. Anyhow you played very well when we were at the same table.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:50 PM

thanks for taking the time to post a trip report. It is very helpful to those of us trying to make the jump from online poker to live tournament play.

I am curious if you were surprised by the level of play (good or bad) of the other players, particularly the pros.

Congratulations on a great tournament!
Old 01-20-2005, 02:41 AM

"I was lucky to be at a table w/ people that clearly didn't know what they were doing who were able to unintentionally stall for me."

I was at that table, but I am not taking it personally [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
TheHawk
Old 01-20-2005, 04:06 AM

Heh. I don't mean everyone. Which one were you?
Edit: Or better yet, do you have a pic?
Old 01-20-2005, 10:25 PM

I was in seat 6 or 7 and I think you were in 10, and I ended up finishing 4rth overall. We also played together briefly on day 3 at the Moneymaker/Raymer table. You moved in next to SDouble, and I was right next to him. What I remember is when it dropped to 30 they did not update the tournament board right away, and you were nursing an extremely small stack. We stopped and asked if in fact it had dropped to 30, and someone commented that one player at our table in particular had an interest in knowing if it had dropped to 30! TheHawk