Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Flopped set on co-ordinated board

You're dealt Jacks in MP1, $100+9 online, 270 entrants, 3rd hand of tourney. Blinds 10/20. You openraise 3xBB MP2 calls, button calls, blinds folds.

Flop comes KQJ two-toned, you bet T300, MP2 moves all in, button folds. Your decision...
Old 01-14-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Flopped set on co-ordinated board

You're probably against a semi-bluffing Ax or 10x of whatever the two-of-a-suit is. I'd be inclined to call but you are missing a lot of information in your post. For instance, we don't know the stack sizes because the online poker tournament structure isn't universal.

It really looks like a semi-bluff more than a made hand. Because of this, I call. And if you're up against the made hand (which will do this, but I think much less often than the semi bluff) you can just redraw them.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you are missing a lot of information in your post. For instance, we don't know the stack sizes because the online poker tournament structure isn't universal.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, 3rd hand in tourney, full stacks T1.500
Old 01-14-2005, 10:23 AM

AT is unlikely, but certainly not out of the question (they were soooted). However, this seems unlikely - someone would have to have a pathological fear of flushes to overbet the pot when they've flopped the nut str8.

I would put him on AK who wanted to see a flop before committing his stack, or maybe KQ who is afraid of a str8.

Call.