Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Did I play this ok?

I just sat down at a 3/6 game at the Borgata last week. I'm making conversation with some of the players as I wait for the blind to come around. When it comes, I pick up AA in the BB. A guy raises in just in front of the button, I reraise, a guy in early position rereaises, the original raiser folds, and I cap. The other guy in the pot I had never seen before. The flop comes two rags and a K. I bet, he raises, I reraise, he caps. I fear pocket K's from him, so I check-call the rest of the way. At the end he flips over AK, and I show my aces to scoop the pot. Was I too afraid of Kings? Or did I play it ok? Obviously I could have won more, but if he did have Kings I was in trouble. Any thoughts?
Old 01-14-2005, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Did I play this ok?

First post I see. Welcome.

I don't think you should feel too bad about just calling down at this point. Personally, I'd probably take one more shot on the turn and then either call down if he raises or bet through if he calls from there.

In the end, you put the same amount of money in the pot check-calling as you would have had you bet the turn and had your opponent call you down.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Did I play this ok?

I think you played it very well, I did the same thing in a live game just a week ago.. he showed me kings! But I had a perfect read on him so I just knew he had to have kings, but of course I had to call him down since there was nothing scary at the board and the only two hands that player would have played against me in that pot would be AKs and KK