Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 11:31 PM

Default thoughts on \"Tilt\"?

A set of deuces is like a mackerel in the moonlight. One minute it's real shiny, the next... it stinks. I've been reading all your thoughts on "Tilt" just wondering what everyone thought after the premiere.

As for me... I did not see nearly enough poker action... without that it seemed like just another bad drama. I'm a huge Madsen fan though, so that brings some redemption. Would have liked to see him slice an ear, but jumping on some guy's head is just as good.

now excuse me, I have to go "relieve myself"
Old 01-14-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: thoughts on \"Tilt\"?

[ QUOTE ]

but jumping on some guy's head is just as good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he jumped on the guy's knee.

I thought it was pretty weak. The cameo with T.J. Cloutier and Daniel Negreanu was gratuitous and the interview with Madsen and Norman Chad.....top poker players are way more articulate and less trite than that. I doubt Madsen has spent much time watching poker. He's pretty wooden in this role so far.

I predict a lot of sleazy sex, moody atmosphere, weird poker similies from Madsen and violence so, yea, I'll watch it a bit.

I also predict someone will say this is the wrong place to post this topic but...aw well. ;~)
Old 01-14-2005, 12:37 AM

IF YOU WANT TO HURT HIM IN A CASH GAME YOU GOTTA GET OUTTA THE KIDDIE POOL AND START MAKING SOME MOVES.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:07 AM

Jumped on his arm and broke it as far as I know.

I thought it was going to be goofy, I was right, it was like the show Las Vegas, entertaining, not really based in reality, but entertaining enough to watch. It was a fun show, though I thought.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:14 AM

This is really a terrible show.

It's time for me to get out of the kiddie pool and change the channel.

At least I won my home game tonight to justify not going out to the bar.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:08 AM

Disclaimer, I stopped watching about half way through to go play poker.

Ok...so Daniel Negraneau and T.J. Cloutier are too scared to sit down in a game with the Matador? ...Ri-ight. Unless they know its a rigged game I suppose.

Are we supposed to understand that the entire table is colluding against the fish? What so nine guys just sit there pulling their puds until a mark joins in? Ri-ight.

--Zetack
Old 01-14-2005, 02:13 AM

"Ok...so Daniel Negraneau and T.J. Cloutier are too scared to sit down in a game with the Matador? ...Ri-ight. Unless they know its a rigged game I suppose."

Of course they knew it was rigged. They saw the home crowd gang at the table.

"Are we supposed to understand that the entire table is colluding against the fish? What so nine guys just sit there pulling their puds until a mark joins in? Ri-ight."

No, the game was set up and started after the fish was spotted. The floor was in on it. And all pud pulling is done by the bathroom Hoe.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:36 AM

IF I RUN OUT OF TOILET PAPER I WIPE MY ASS WITH EIGHT GRAND; NINE IF I'VE HAD CHILI.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:45 AM

Is it bad for the game? Eh, I say bad publicity is usually better than no publicity.

Is it a terrible show? Pretty much. Very cheesy and cliche, but at the same time, damn entertaining IMO.

Does it really matter that it portrays Vegas full of cheaters and many other falacies about poker? Let's get real here, it doesn't really matter. Poker is a fun addicting game that people will continue to flock to, this show will not stop that flock, if anything, it will boulster it.

Am I going to watch it next week? Ehh... uhh... Oh who am I kidding. You bet your ass I'm going to watch it next week.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:58 AM

I liked the part where two guys pulled guns over a string bet.