Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 05:38 PM

Default 5 5 Middle position

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

Flop: (11 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

River: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 01-13-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: 5 5 Middle position

With four people already in the pot with 2 bets each and one back to me it is an easy call. Its a hit the set or check/fold situation on the flop.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:53 PM

It is rarely correct to limp preflop and then fold to a single raise.

In the future whenever you limp and someone raises, call unless it has been double raised.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe -

You just got done posting like a gazillion hands. But this hand is the most telling.

Keep reading the boards here, but also, I think a few books are in order.

I would suggest Winning Low Limit Holdem, The Theory of Poker and Small Stakes Holdem.

Folding for one more bet here is really really really fundementally incorrect.

It's commendable that you are posting hands here and getting some input, but I think some self study would be good to you.

Welcome to the fourms, and good luck

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2005, 05:57 PM

Call for 1 bet pf and when you miss on the flop, fold or check/fold.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:11 PM

thanks

yep i just got WLLH and SSH in the mail this week, reading both. i am understanding it when i read it, but i seem to not think clearly when i play when the timer is on..i feel rush.

i got to think it out more quickly wheni play

any advice? thanks

i am willing to learn, i love this game
Old 01-13-2005, 06:16 PM

dude, wtf. you just killed everyone else's posts on the first page. let your topics die. if you have that many questions, just read WLLH or *existing* topics. you'll learn the basics and not have to have all these undirected posts swamping the forum.

come back when you understand the basics or have a specific question/dilemma. poker is a skill that must be self-taught for the most part.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:34 PM

Joe,

Your zeal for knowledge is great, but your methodology needs a little polishing. You've been registered for like 3 days, and have more posts today than people registered for three months.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but with some many consecutive posts, its almost spam. Alot of the questions you ask are fairly fundemental and could be found in the books suggested and also on the boards.

I have a list of favorites that I think every new player should read, and I pass it on to any new person that is signing up for poker.

If you want it, send me a PM and I'll get it to you.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2005, 06:41 PM

woops, that came out wrong. i don't mean leave and come back. i mean take a step back, lurk a bit and post in existing topics asking questions about a suggested line which you don't understand, etc. i don't mean leave forever until you hit a certain level of understanding [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]