Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Norman Chad

That's a good one. I also love these:

From the countdown of memorable moments 2004, at no. 10 we see from the Raymer-Matusow table. In the end he says something like ".. maybe the other 9 will be Mike Matusow taunting other players to go on and win the WSOP."

Paul Phillips is wearing a hat at a final table. "Is he considering a call, a raise? Perhaps considering getting rid of that hat".
Old 01-13-2005, 05:03 AM

Norman Chad is hilarious. Personally I think the WPT commentating is ridiculous. Sexton and VVP constantly use their little nicknames and catch phrases for everything and everyone. Just tell me the names of the players and what the cards are. I don't need to hear that "the young Russian" has "fishhooks in the hole." It doesn't sound cool. Also, there's no need to whisper, it's television.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:26 AM

does anyone else find some of Sexton's commentary unintentionally funny?

I.e.
Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
P1: check
P2: bet
P1: call

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [ 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
P1: check
P2: bet
P1: large raise
P2: fold

Sexton: He has top pair but is drawing dead against the flush. He folds to the raise! How does he know it!!?? Unbelievable poker instinct! That's why they're professionals. Some people would have lost their entire stack here! I'm amazed at the incredible skill seen here today!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:36 AM

Sexton: (shocked) "And he mucks his A4 offsuit! Vince I'm surprised to see it ..."
Old 01-13-2005, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your favorite Norman Chad quotes?

[/ QUOTE ]

From 2004, some player (don't remember this exactly) wasn't happy with his own play, and said something like, "I shouldn't have checked."
Chad's response: "Yeah, well, I shouldn't have married a woman I met at a Jiffy Lube, but what are you going to do?"
Old 01-13-2005, 09:03 AM

Over and over, NC made reference to the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] as the prettiest card in the deck. Sadly, I don't get the joke behind it. Can anyone explain?
Old 01-13-2005, 10:47 AM

I wondered the same thing. He kept saying, "We'll see why in just a few minutes..." I was thinking it would be in the hand of whoever knocked Mattias Andersson out.

I'm not a huge Norman Chad fan, but at least he's never said, "bingo, bango, bongo." Ugh.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:40 AM

The only thing I can think of with the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is that it could look like the place where you're supposed to put your...mmmmm...male gender thing in.

Then again my mind is in the gutter so WTF do I know.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Yeah, well, I shouldn't have married a woman I met at a Jiffy Lube, but what are you going to do?"

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my favorite by far as well.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I totally disagree(no offense), I think his nonsense quotes take away from the actual game. I mean why can't he simply do it in a professional manner like Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten on the WPT. and I really found his little attempts at humor to be quite obnoxious

[/ QUOTE ]

You're either a troll or an idiot. For all his joking around, Chad is more professional, more entertaining, and a better poker commentator than VVP is.