Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: Sleep

I have trouble going to bed right after I get off work, and I work evenings until 10 PM or 12 AM depending on the day. My schedule gets later as the week goes on (work at noon on Tuesday vs. 4 PM on Saturday) so I just get pushed later and later, invariably stay up until 6 AM or so on Thursday and being awake when my girlfriend gets up for work. She loves this.

Didn't used to be a problem in college since I would rationalize it and start taking drugs to stay up when my whack schedule started to conflict. Can't really do that now that I work regular hours in a residential treatment center. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] And really, wouldn't it be kind of pathetic to be chowing down speed for no reason whatsoever other than neuroses? It's not like it's fun.

NT
Old 01-13-2005, 04:58 AM

sleep is fun...if i felt like it, I could sleep the whole day away....sleeeeeeeeeeeeep [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2005, 05:16 AM

I usually go to bed around 3-4 a.m. and get up around 10-11 a.m.

I've got sleep apnea, so I have to wear a sleep mask that forces air into my nose. It's really annoying, and I often rip it off in the middle of the night because I have dreams that incorporate it (the Germans have captured me and are torturing me, etc.). When that happens, my hours get all screwed up because I don't get quality sleep.

Don't know why I went into all that. Any other apnea victims out there?
Old 01-13-2005, 07:56 AM

Well, it's 6 in the morning, and I can't sleep, even though I've been trying since about 2. I get this insomnia every so often, and it really sucks. It also really screws up my sleep cycle. I'll probably pass out pretty soon though. Just thought I'd share.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:09 AM

I have the same problem TSC. I can't go to sleep most of the time until 5:00-6:00. But, then I will sleep until 12-1. But, I didn't think this was insomnia. I thought insomniacs would go days without sleep sometimes.

craig
Old 01-13-2005, 08:16 AM

In the past few weeks I have been all over the map. I try to right it but end up overcompensating and get screwed up on the opposite side. Why is this so difficult?

I'm totally the same way. Some months I'll find myself on a 30 or so hour day where I just go to sleep and wake up 6 hours later than the day before and have like, 6 day weeks instead of 7. Right now it's 4:15am and I just woke up half an hour ago for no apparent reason. I'll probably stay up till like 2pm and then feel like napping until 8pm or something weird like that. Who knows. Fortunately I rarely NEED to wake up at a certain time, so it's not a problem for me. Back when I used to have to get up in the morning, I didn't have a problem living on 35 hours of sleep a week, so I know I can live a "normal" schedule fine, but why would I if I don't have to if my body doesn't feel like it?

GoT
Old 01-13-2005, 08:52 AM

on weekdays i goto bed at 11 or 12 mid and get up at 6 am

on weekends i sleep about 8 hours

if i sleep more than 8 hours i feel like [censored] and ache all over when i get up. i also feel groggy. so 6-7.5 hours seems just right for me. i also try not to ever take naps during the day because i feel like absolute crap when i wake up.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:27 AM

I sack out between 10:30 and 11:00 most nights. Up at 5:00 to get to work by 7:00. Even on weekends I rarely sleep past 7:00.

[ QUOTE ]
Why is this so difficult?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever had jetlag? Same principle.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:58 AM

I sleep from 8-midnight, play poker from midnight - 3am, sleep from 3am - 6am, and then go to work for 10 hours.

I am always fricken tired.

Orange
Old 01-13-2005, 12:03 PM

this is interesting. do you naturally sleep in 2 intervals, and if not why 12-3am as opposed to 9-12 or something?