Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Table Image at $2/$4?... What table image?

Does your table image matter at $2/$4?

Wen I played $0.5/$1 and $1/$2, if I raised, I was bound to get a couple of cold-callers. In $2/$4, my EP raises are met by folds all the way round the table. Even the passive cold callers fold! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I am selecting good tables, and I am going through a good run right now, but this is an area that has now caused me some concern.

I see the flop 23% of the time. Overall, in the right situations, I raise a range of hands... from pocket eights, to pocket aces, Ax or Kx when heads up in the blinds, second pairs on the flop, and semi-bluff raise the turn. My play is only predictable if you spend time watching my game, but are players really that aware in $2/$4?

I am wondering whether I should raise the odd 'any two sooted' from EP every now and then to build a looser table image... or should I simply not waste time on building an image at this level, and instead focus on selecting better tables? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Table Image at $2/$4?... What table image?

[ QUOTE ]
I am wondering whether I should raise the odd 'any two sooted' from EP every now and then to build a looser table image... or should I simply not waste time on building an image at this level, and instead focus on selecting better tables? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your raises are getting too much respect, raising with any two suited is not the answer. By all means, raise more, but do it with pocket pairs, like 77, maybe 66. Highg suited, like A-9, A-8, perhaps something like K-T, etc. You still want to have a decent hand if you get called, so raising with 7-8 suited is likely not a good idea. (though I do throw that in when I play live, but even then, just once in a while.)