Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 08:28 PM

Default $10 Rebuy Tournament Question

Blinds are at 600-1200 with a 125 ante with 56 players left. Top 30 pay and I am in around 45th. I have around 13k and find A10 two or three off the button. A loose player limps from first position and its folded around to me. With 4250 already in the pot, I have a decision to make. Limping doesn't make much sense so i quickly narrow it down to raise or fold. Folding without any raise seems too passive, as there is a very good possibility I could pick up 4250 (half my stack) without even having to see a flop. So I decide on raising, the question is how much to raise. If i raise to 6000 or so I have to call any reraise so I choose to move in myself. It is then folded to the button who calls after quite a while. 1st position quickly mucks. The button has 1010 and I'm gone in 56th. I have two questions related to this hand: 1. Would you move in here as well? If not, what do you suggest? and 2. Would you call in the button's spot with 1010 (he called about 3/4 or 3/5 of his stack).

Thanks
Old 01-11-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: $10 Rebuy Tournament Question

I don't see anything wrong with limping here w/ the EP limper already in the hand. Folding is okay too. Pushing is a little loose for my taste (and that's saying something). A lot would depend on my read of the EP limper.

I would call w/ TT in the button's position.