Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Fun hand

[ QUOTE ]
Swills,

First of all, you should be check-3betting this flop. Don't hope for others to bet your hand for value; do it yourself. That's -3SB there.

Your turn and river play do not go along with the reads you gave. You say these guys are not calling stations, and yet, MP raised the flop with J6o. So he'll raise the flop with an overcard and a backdoor one-card straight draw but then fold the turn? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no here. There's a good possibility a player like this will bluff-raise a scarecard on the turn, and you need to give him that opportunity. Button will call, especially when he has a club, as you have labelled him the postflop calling station. -2BB, possibly more: 1 call from Button or the possibility of a bluff-raise from maniac.

River play: standard, since you screwed up the turn.

Here's the deal. Maniac isn't thinking about your hand here, and that's clear; consequently, I don't see him folding to a turn bet very often if he doesn't fold to a river raise. If you see that he'll call when you raise the river, it's hard to imagine him folding the turn for one bet; I hope you see why.

Bet this turn. You posted this hand for a reason, I hope, and you'll get a lot of advice here that will say not betting this turn is a mistake.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate you thoughts and your most likely right about it. I was thinking if I did bet the turn then they will all fold, so I checked. I figured if that was the case then hopefully I could get some bets on the river. But looking at the way you broke it down your absolutely right. Especially pre flop, I was hoping I could sneak in under the radar with a capped flop. Too bad it didn't go as I wanted it to. For now on, I'll play similars the way you explained it. No one wants to lose out on bet. Thanks man!
Old 01-11-2005, 02:56 AM

I can live with the flop OOP. If he bricks the turn, his hand will become transperant if he checks.

Yeah bet the turn though. [censored] I'm down another 30 BB already today. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Brad
Old 01-11-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I am dealing with one maniac and I wanna see the turn as cheap as I can get it

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't understand why this statement is absolutely terrible, you may want to investigate this book.

Wanting to get to the turn cheaply here is a mistake, because at this point, your hand is almost definitely a favorite over the other hands in this hand: you want as much money as possible going into the pot.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats it. For now, I am posting a lot more hands. I didn't think of it like that. I was afraid if I did miss my flush then I'm out bets with no gain. Good call. My thinking is all out of wack! Love the advice. Keep em coming.