Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 01:48 AM

Default AA & AK hand

This is Carribean Poker 1/2, converter didn't seem to work so I'll just do as best I can.

Hand 1:

Hero is SB with: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG+1 Raises, 1 fold, MP1 calls, 1 fold, MP3 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG+1 Bets, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero raises, UTG+1 3-bets, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds

-------

Hand 2:

Hero is button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

2 folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, 1 fold, MP3 calls, Hero raises, 2 folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
EP1 checks, EP2 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
EP1 checks, EP2 bets, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Hero raises, EP1 folds, EP2 calls, MP1 folds

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
EP2 checks, Hero bets, EP2 folds
Old 01-10-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: AA & AK hand

Just bet out the flop both hands.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:28 AM

you need to bet these flops
Old 01-10-2005, 06:00 AM

Checking these flops are serious errors.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:42 AM

Hand 1:

Bet the flop. You can't be sure that UTG+1 will bet after you check and you could end up giving a free card to opponents that would have called a bet. This means you lose loads of value on your hand the times it goes wrong.

After UTG+1 3-bets your check/raise I would cap and lead the turn. UTG+1 raised preflop so the only realistic hand that beats you is QQ most of his other likely hands you beat. If after capping UTG+1 raises your turn bet I would call down.

Hand 2:

Checking the flop in this hand is a huge error, much worse than the first. By checking the flop you give a free card giving everyone infinite odds to draw out on you. Not betting the flop means that your opponents with very weak hands who would have called a bet have not been given the chance to make that mistake. Betting the flop is more profitable.

My advice to you is to not play so tricky. Just bet bet bet!
Old 01-10-2005, 11:22 AM

In AK hand - why no bet on the flop in last position?
Old 01-10-2005, 11:48 AM

Hand one I cap the flop, unless you were trying to call the 3bet and c/r the turn.

Hand two, on the flop you just gave the guy holding 55 and the guy holding JTo infinite odds to outdraw you. If you're going to slowplay don't do it when your opponents can easily draw to a better hand.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:58 PM

Hand 1 : Sorry, I left out a pretty valuable read here. UTG had been betting anything he was seeing the turn with since I sat (don't have numbers on him, sorry) so I could almost depend on the bet.

I think with hand 2 I got a little excited with my first foray into 1/2 (clearing bonuses)... tried to get tricky and made some obviously huge errors. I knew there was a reason I posted them! Thanks everyone.