Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Rakeback FAQ

Can someone give me the basics on rakebacks? I play a couple thousand hands a month. Is it worth my while? Am I turning down free money by not doing it? Where do I find more info?

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Rakeback FAQ

Here and here.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:06 PM

thanks.

so basically, I only want to investigate it the next time I open an account, right? I can't do anything about my current accounts.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:09 PM

there's a parallel thread to yours running today which I concluded that pursuing signup and reload bonuses are much more lucrative in the long run than worrying about rakeback which you may or may not ever get to utilize.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=1509952
Old 01-10-2005, 04:25 PM

pursuing signup and reload bonuses are much more lucrative in the long run than worrying about rakeback

I agree with this statement for micro limit and recreational players. But for anyone who actually plays poker for income, this statement is laughable.

Cup
Old 01-10-2005, 05:21 PM

the OP says he plays a couple thousand hands a month and posts almost exclusively in the small stakes PL/NL forum. does that sound like he's trying to make a living and needs that 10c of extra rakeback per hand on top of all the signups and bonuses he already cleared at $15/$30 limits? I don't think so.

you can laugh all you want but you wasted precious "pro" player time typing your holier than thou response to a situation clearly not relavant to your realm.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can laugh all you want but you wasted precious "pro" player time typing your holier than thou response to a situation clearly not relavant to your realm

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you are such a tool.

rakeback can be very valuable to even small stakes players, especially shorthanded players. you keep saying 15/30 as if its the only limit rakeback matters at.

most people start playing at micros with plans to move up as they improve, and many kick themselves for not getting rakeback originally and scramble to find a way to get it once they play higher.

even if you are a recreational micro bonus whore it would probably behoove you to get rakeback at one site you like, even if it is not of much value to you now.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:49 PM

"scramble to find a way"?

lord strike me if there are not yet another 25 party, prima and crpyto skins available to sign up for by the time a 25% core rakeback is needed to cover my time after running through every possible 100-400% bonus reload for the month. at the very worst, I will deactivate one of the ones within those systems and reset it with a rakeback deal so I can get my damn 2c to 5c per low limit raked hand while I wait for the next 15-20c reload to appear (in about 12 hours).

if you read the other rakeback thread of the day, I wrote that I am fully ready to sign up for a deal from scratch should situation arise that I have actually run through every possible signup and reload available to me. the "behoovement" of starting off with a rakeback at the way beginning is sound in theory, but I feel is really not necessary given the reality of the online poker industry right now.

I am not saying that a rakeback is not good, I am not questioning anyone's poker manhood here. But suggesting to a recreational/micro player that he/she is 'missing out' and should start over completely from scratch to protect against some benefit that will likely never materialize is really not worth the trouble. that's my opinion and if you want to spend the -EV of time to continue arguing the finer points, so be it.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:17 PM

if you had the choice between rakeback and no rakeback, only a moron would choose the no-rakeback option. so if you can, there's absolutely no reason not to go through an affiliate and get some back. it takes no extra effort and will net you a couple extra bucks every month.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:09 PM

You say this as if signing up for rake back excludes you from getting deposit bonuses at a site. It doesn't.

There's no logical reason to not sign up for rake back, even if you never use it.

[ QUOTE ]
there's a parallel thread to yours running today which I concluded that pursuing signup and reload bonuses are much more lucrative in the long run than worrying about rakeback which you may or may not ever get to utilize.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=1509952

[/ QUOTE ]