Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Borgata 1/6/04

So last Thursday me and a buddy of mine shoot down to AC for our first trip to the Borgata. Thanks to all of you who recommeneded the 6-12 game. I must tell you all about one hand. I'm in the BB with 8To. Two players and the SB limp in amd I check. Flop comes TJ8 rainbow. I bet, MP folds, Button calls, SB folds. Turn is a Q...uh oh..I'm sure someone has the 9. I bet, button raises, I say f-it and re-raise, he re-raises back. I'm pretty sure he has it, but I call anyway. He flips over his cards and he has A9o. Dealer says, "sir...there is one more card" River is an 8!!! I bet. He calls. I win pot and everyone at the table is pissing themselves.

Question: If you are that guy and I bet out...do you call?

It was so bizarre.

BTW...finished 12 hour session up 25BB, not too bad for first B&M trip!!!
Old 01-10-2005, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Borgata 1/6/04

To answer your question: Yes, it is an easy call on the river. You could have a 9 or you could be bluffing. Actually, you should have check-raised, and the other player would have been correct to pay that off.

On the turn, I would not have three bet it. You are almost certainly behind, but you have outs. If you were 100% sure he had a straight (and I don't think you could have been sure), you would fold, because the pot is only laying you 6:1 on calling the raise, and the odds of filling up are 10.5:1 against. I'd just call this down, and if I fill up, I'd check raise.