Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2005, 08:18 PM

Default How about this KK hand

Villain had only been at the table for 9 hands. He only played one which he raised preflop and didn't go to showdown.

Being that he seemed somewhat competent and based on his flop action I figure he probably has AA-JJ or AK. I bet the turn planning to fold to a raise, but not checking because if he was on JJ-QQ I didn't want him getting a cheap showdown. Is this line rational?

Also, should I possibly call the flop raise or c/r the flop or the turn?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (7.66 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>

Thanks,

Craig
Old 01-08-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: How about this KK hand

I like how you played it, and yes, fold to a turn raise
Old 01-08-2005, 08:33 PM

i like it. bet the turn and i would call a raise and check/call the river with a big headsup pot.

you can't put him on AA cuz he didn't cap the flop. if anything, he's got AK or JJ. but u gotta pay him off if he does
Old 01-08-2005, 08:35 PM

I think calling this down after a turn raise probably isn't profitable. I don't think a fairly tight player would raise this turn after I capped pf and 3bet the flop without me being way behind.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:41 PM

I was just going to say that if you plan on calling down, betting out on the turn loses most of its appeal, but you beat me to it.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:57 PM

I usually go for a turn checkraise here but not always. If you are raised on the turn it's a fold. If you're against a really tricky thinking player they might make a smart turn raise with JJ-QQ on the A but most good players are multitablers and aren't paying enough attention to try a move like that.