Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2005, 05:13 PM

Default JJ in the CO vs. suspected TA

Any thoughts on my line here?
Thanks in advance.

UTG+1 is LA-P
MP2 is new, and the cold call is suspect, but still showing signs of TA-A/N

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (8.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

River: (12.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.16 BB
Old 01-08-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: JJ in the CO vs. suspected TA

I think you definitely need to raise on the flop with your overpair. I guess check raising on not scary turn works too. Either way, I don't think he's gonna lay down a hand like JT, QT, KT or AT at either point. So it looks like the river might have killed you. The only possible way your still ahead at the river is if he has a smaller PP.

tom
Old 01-08-2005, 05:32 PM

You need to do 2 things here.

1. Thank god no overcards came on the flop.
2. Raise your fingers blue to protect your hand from overcards, getting bets in with the best hand, and hopefully isolating the MP2.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. Raise your fingers blue to protect your hand from overcards, getting bets in with the best hand, and hopefully isolating the MP2.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Flop raise in this spot gives any two overs better than 8:1 on the call. With implied odds it looks like either opponent can correctly let one more slide off. Although I agree it could go either way. My focus here is the swing in pot equity between the Flop and the Turn.
Is my logic flawed?