Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Password management

Actually, it can work with Neteller and most other sites that "don't" alow it. If you're willing to edit your preferences by hand you can override whatever the site wants you to do.

I agree that web sites are just a small fraction of what poker players and such need. That being said, using a browser that actually supports standards is a good thing.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:33 AM

As part of my massive pc security overhaul, I installed keepass (somebody in another thread recommended it) and it seems to work fine, generally speaking.

However, the crypto sites do not seem to allow automatic password loading from the clipboard. Has anybody found a way around this?

Also, has anybody found a way to change their Eurobet password? When I click on personal details, the page doesn't open. I sent them an email, and they (naturally) said to go to the personal details page--lol. I wonder if this problem could be related to my now using firefox? Anybody know?

Thank you.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:09 PM

Not very secure though, especially after a couple of beers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2005, 12:23 PM

LOL - I was just thinking the same thing.

I have my passwords written down on a piece of paper, and I actually prefer to type them in myself, keeps them in my head all the time (I rarely need to check the paper I keep them on). When you rely on software (either password management software or your web browser) to remember them all, you may have troubles if the database corrupts. I much prefer the 'ol "memory" method myself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2005, 12:28 PM

Why not just do what I do?:
my name+first 5 letters of site+ 7876 (b-day)

seems to work just fine, and easy to remember
Old 01-08-2005, 12:50 PM

Won't work at the Crypto sites - the password can only be 8 characters - still a decent enough system overall.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:14 PM

Not sure if it's a great solution, but I have a small firewire harddrive where I store my passwords in case I'd forget one. Maybe one of those cheap USB 128 mb things would be practical?
Old 01-08-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So has the original Netscape. Firefox (and Mozilla) just do it without allowing rougue software to be installed at the same time without the user knowing about it among other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, except there is a serious bug that makes allows phishing scams to hijack your browser:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5517149.html

What scares me is that they are just waiting for their next released patch instead of immediately coming out with a hotfix. Plus, this shows some pretty serious holes.

Face it - nothing on your system is 100% secure. Index cards in a locked filing cabinet is probably the way to go.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, the crypto sites do not seem to allow automatic password loading from the clipboard. Has anybody found a way around this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Often times I have found that if you can't just copy and paste the regular way, you can just do the "Control-C" to copy and the "Control-V" to paste. My guess is you will just need the "Control-V", that is where the malfunction usually is, let me know if that works.

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co