Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: A K. Man, did I screw this up!

Im not sure your call is all that bad. Alot of players would test a raise here with KQ, QQ, JJ. Its the turn check I dont like. You have to throw out another bet there. Then if you are raised youll know you are beat. If you are not going to bet again then obviously calling the flop raise is not a good idea.

Get some ice for your face and try and keep your lunch down. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:50 AM

Well, although I regret my flop call, my thought process when I played were, that he either has A A or a set, which means trouble or he´s got something like KQ, QQ, JJ or he has got A K, which was really his most likely holding from my point of view. I figured a call would make anything but A A or a set as scared of me as I was of them. To be honest, I knew I wasn't going to put more than $10-$20 more into that pot. Really, I was naive enough to hope for a check down from both. Concerning betting out on the turn, I have nothing to bet with. My $40 would be 1/3 of the pot, and anything lower than that would tell him exactly how weak I was.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Concerning betting out on the turn, I have nothing to bet with. My $40 would be 1/3 of the pot, and anything lower than that would tell him exactly how weak I was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh good point. Wasnt reading carefully. Yes then I would either fold to the flop raise or push it all in. Honestly I think id push. I mean, there really is a decent chance you are ahead isnt there?