Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 01:46 PM

Default neteller and java

Does neteller require the use of java? I just noticed the java icon popped up in my taskbar as I was making a withdrawl out of my neteller account and I checked the java console and it did show it was connecting to services.neteller and running an applet called groopz. I'm just wondering if this is typical procedure for these types of sites (things like paypal, bidpay, similar things).
Old 01-07-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: neteller and java

I figured it's pretty asinie, given the simplicity of the site. I badgered the hell out of them over about 7 emails about this.

After several ignorant responses (including an explanation of why JavaScript is so important to a website), I got a somewhat reasonable answer.

It's a given that they have to (or should) use Java for their LiveChat feature. According to them, that means they have to use Java throughout the entire site for tracking the user's session so that the LiveChat can verify who the user is. I don't really buy it, and I'm pretty sure they could have worked around it, but they are not going to.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear moondogg,

I have discussed your questions with our Service Desk this evening. The java is used throughout the site so we can track the page that the user is on when they request to connect to Live Chat, and also the time they have been on the site. For example, when we log into our Live Chat it displays a list of all the pages on our site, and also displays the page that the guest is on. If we didn't have it set this way, then determining the page that the customer is on (and thus the possible problem) would be a lot harder.

Hope this helps, and thank you for your time!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-07-2005, 01:54 PM

i noticed that something with neteller's java was causing my firefox (mac) to crash every time right before you hit the account summary after logging in. It opens fine using IE and Safari so I just do it from there (only check it one a day at most). I heard there were no problems with the windows version of firefox though.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
According to them, that means they have to use Java throughout the entire site for tracking the user's session so that the LiveChat can verify who the user is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why use a simple, efficient method when you can use the slowest, most resource-intensive tracking system possible? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Imagine if a toll-taker gave you a 20-pound brick to mark the exit at which you got on the highway! The possibilities are endless...
-DB