Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 11:16 AM

Default 30 player freezeout

bad play to push?

im on the button with AQo. folded to player to my right who goes in for 150. blinds are 20/40 and average stack is at 750. i have around 1100. i raise him to 600. he goes all in, mindless of any type of read i may have had, am i too committed to drop? im still alive if i fold it here, but thats a relatively weak play. what should i have done?
Old 01-07-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: 30 player freezeout

Does he have you covered? You are at best a race. He either has AK or a pair. I would put him on AK. There are better spots to get your chips in. I think your raise was too large because it almost commits you to the pot with only AQo. You still have >10 BB left if you fold, so I would lay it down.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: 30 player freezeout

AQ is a a decent hand against a CO raiser. I think with your chip stack and position I Would try to keep the pot small here. I would just call, but If I was going to reraise it would be around 400-450. Its never really a good idea to reraise half your stack and than have to think about folding.