Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Best Use for FPP Star Points?

Hey All

Just racked up a few and was wondering what ya'll do with em'?

Do they have many of those tournies that I should save em for?

Or are those few and far between and not much of a value anyway?

Well, any comments would be great.

jw
Old 01-06-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Best Use for FPP Star Points?

World Series freerolls.

Tuco.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:10 AM

Ty, Tuco

How often do these run and how many points/entrants?

jw
Old 01-06-2005, 12:07 PM

Step 1 - I used mine to enter 600 - 1000FPP WPT & EPT satellites to the main FPP satellites on Saturday or Sunday nights and then unregistered from the main events so as to effectively multiply the FPP buy in by 10.

For example, say you enter a 600FPP satellite to the Monte Carlo EPT event. These run a few times daily and its not hard to find one with only 60 - 90 entrants. Enter it and place in the top 9 to get a seat in Sunday's 6000FPP satellite (2 seats to the event). You could play that but I just uregister and get my account credited with 6000FPP. You quickly build up a huge base of FPPs, I keep mine topped up between 35000 - 40000. You don't really need that many but I got carried away at one stage [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So what to do with them then?

step2 - enter the 500FPP to the Sunday big tourney - one runs at 7.15pm GMT every day (that's the one I play - there may be others at different times that suit you better) - anytime you can. There are normally around 200 entrants and top 9 gets 200+15 buyin to Sunday's event (less get a buyin if its the monthly 500 tourney, 4 places I think).

I've got a few entries to the Sunday tournament this way and as far as I can see this is the best way to spend your FPPs as in its the easiest way to convert them to something immediately useful other than buying books etc.

If you win your seat in Sunday's tourney this way but don't want to play it you can always unregister at that stage and get T$215 to spend as you will, sngs, smaller events, whatever.

Good Luck
Old 01-06-2005, 12:50 PM

Damn... I was going to say "knit beanie," but your response was way better.

I'm going to look into this....
Old 01-06-2005, 01:02 PM

When spending your FPPs, you need want each point to be worth as much as possible. However, even though points are worth $.0159 in the store, you may not want to spend 50FPPs to enter a freeroll, even if the value per point is $.08/point, due to it not being worth your time. So, there's two things to consider, your value per point, and the total value of what you're getting. Here is a summary of what PStars offers for their FPPs.

Monte Carlo:
Round 2 6,000FPP: Tourney is worth $261.31 yielding a FPP value of $.0436
Round 1 600FPP: Tourney is worth $36.63 yielding a FPP value of $.0611
Round 1 60FPP: Tourney is worth $4.09 yielding a FPP value of $.0682 -- Best value on site for your FPPs

Scandinavian:
Round 2 2,000 FPP: Tourney is worth $71.07 yielding a FPP value of $.0355.
Round 1 200 FPP: Tourney is worth $8.24 yielding a FPP value of $.0412
Round 1 20 FPP: Tourney is worth $0.62 yielding a FPP value of $.0310

Satellites to the $200+15: Overlay: $9.65 / FPP Value: $.0193

When: At 2:15 and 10:00 everday (ET)
Buy In: 500 FPPs
Prize Pool: Entry into the Sunday $200+15 with $350,000 guaranteed

Single Table Sit & Go Satellites to the $200+15: Overlay: $23.89 / FPP Value: $.0159

When: All day everday (SNG)
Buy In: 1,500 FPPs
Prize Pool: Entry into the Sunday $200+15

Three table Sit & Go Satellites to the $200+15: Overlay: $7.96 / FPP Value: $.016

When: All Day Everday (SNG)
Buy In: 500 FPPs
Prize Pool: Entry into the Sunday $200+15

Monthly 200 FPP Limit Hold'em Tournament: Overlay: $1.86 / FPP Value: $.009

As with the weekly 50 FPP tourney, this is not a productive way to spend your FPPs. When: Last Saturday of each month
Buy In: 200 FPPs
Prize Pool: $1,000

Weekly 50 FPP Limit Hold'em Tournament: Overlay: $0.28 / FPP Value: $.0057

Based on the overlay, this is not a productive way to use your FPPs unless there's nothing left in the Poker Stars store that you'd like. When: Saturdays at 4:00 PM ET
Buy In: 50 FPPs
Prize Pool: $250

Three Table Sit & Go Satellites to the $500+30: Overlay: $19.63 / FPP Value: $.016

When: All Day Everday (SNG)
Buy In: 1,200 FPPs
Prize Pool: Entry into the Sunday $500+30

The value of a point if used in the store is $.0159. You can do the math to see what each item is worth.

This information of course comes from BW.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:24 PM

Nice post Jek!

One thing I would add is that as you stated your time has to be factored in but so too does variance. I might be misusing the term in this context but what I mean is that I had also worked out that actually playing the EPT/WPT sats might be best value but there's only one final event each week and normally only 2 seats available in a big field (usually upwarsd of 200 I think). You could be playing a long time before you win a seat.

With the 500fpps to the 200 play a few each week and its not that hard to win the occasional entry. Hence IMHO these are the easiest way (short of things from the FPP store) to actually consistently convert your FPPs into something useful.

As far as spending time on these tourneys goes. If you have enough fpps 500 doesn't really hurt anyway so I just have one running on the background as I play whatever else I would have been playing anyway, play solid ABC for the first hour to hour and a half and if things are looking good at that stage I may concentrate more on it, shut other tables down etc if necessary. So you very rarely really waste any time using this method to convert them.

The options are all there and I suppose it largely boils down to preference. There's nothing in the store I don't have by way of books etc or that I want if I don't have it already. That leave the tourneys and I prefer the steady bonus of an occasional free entry to the big one rather than having to play week in week out at the big event sats hoping for that outside chance of a big entry (oooo er).

Having laid everything out in your post what way do you use your FPPs for out of interest?
Old 01-06-2005, 01:30 PM

Jek and Mackas (and somethingclever, I guess)

Thanks so much for the detailed responses
I appreciate it greatly.

jw
Old 01-06-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Having laid everything out in your post what way do you use your FPPs for out of interest?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play a whole lot at Stars, but when I do get a goodish amount of FPPs, I like to pick the best FPP value that offers a $50 or greater overlay.

Josie, you're welcome. Glad you guys liked the post.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:45 AM

I got a question. I've been saving up for a book and should have 2000 any day now. I live in Japan and if I got the book would I have to pay extra for shipping? How is it for you guys in the states or other countries?
-jbot-