Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 08:22 PM

Default JJ UTG+1

MP2 17/7/50hands
Button 13/0/36hands

Not enough data on either, I am not too impressed with MP2 so far. Should I slow down here? Check the turn, or river? Seems standard but I tending to overplay Jacks and Queens recently. Anyone have a better line?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
Old 01-06-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: JJ UTG+1

I get confused on hands like this, too. I'd play it the same till the river, where I'd probably check / call.

If we assume that button actually knows what he's doing I'm having a hard time thinking of what he might call with here that we beat, other than maybe a smaller pocket pair.

What do you do if you're raised on the river?

I'm interested in reading others responses...
-Brian
Old 01-06-2005, 08:41 PM

I'd check/call the river. He could easily have a king and likes to call down or a 7 and was waiting to check-raise you. If you bet, he won't call with much that you beat, but if you check/call he could bet with a lot that you may beat (in a bluff). It also prevents the possibility of paying 2.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:56 PM

i think you've gotta keep betting this until you run in to resistance. it sucks to see someone flip over a K a 4 or a rivered flush but not as much to see you won the hand and missed a river bet imho.. .

greg j made a post about this the other day, if memory serves.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:51 PM

Thanks. I'll try and find the post. I agree I saw no reason to slow down, I sort of like the river check here though. Just because I have reason to think he holds a King. The flush I was not overly concerned about, a king I am, but check-call probably makes more sense.