Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 03:57 PM

Default statking, logging of sessions question..

Do you log each single session, (like if you play one hour go out of the table, make dinner and eat, come back and play for another hour... do you log this as one or two sessions?) will it make any difference in a long term how you log the sessions?
Old 01-06-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: statking, logging of sessions question..

actually i have one more question: how do you log it when you multitable..? in advance thanks for all help! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2005, 06:11 PM

Its easy if you were play 2 tables at the same limit for 1 hour you would log 2 hours at that limit.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:18 PM

Default okey but one problem..

that will give me a false hourly win rate or?.. maybe ill just use to databases one were i log table hours and one with actual hours of play, anyone who uses statking who can tell me what they do?
Old 01-06-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: okey but one problem..

look in PT for your hourly rate for online play
Old 01-06-2005, 07:05 PM

No it will give the correct win rate because play for 1 hour on 2 tables is the same as playing on 1 table for 2 hours, same number of hands played.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:19 PM

Technically you are supposed to log a session each time you change tables. This is according to IRS rules of what defines a "gambling session".

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2005, 07:29 PM

i'm at work so i can't double check my statking and have only used the import script a few times. but if it counts 2 tabling for an hour as 2 hours of play, then the hourly winrate shown by statking would be incorrect unless it makes up for the fact taht you are super human and can play multiple games at once.

so if you play 2 tables at a time and win $10 an hour

and statking counts that same "session" as 1 table of 2 hours your hourly winrate would show as $5/hour

Honestly i haven't messed with the statking import hting in a while and don't really use it for online play tracking, so i could be way off. but you can get PT to show your hourly rate, which makes up for the fact you play multiple tables at a time, which i think is what the OP is asking about.

if statking does account for sessions at the same time when calculating hourly rate, then that's pretty sweet, but if i remember correctly an imported from PT "session" was time spent at an individual table. so if you played 4 tables for an hour that would import 4 sessions, 1 hour each.

sorry, i really chimed in and did a lot of lip flapping when i'm not sure lol [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2005, 08:05 PM

If I take a dinner or other significant break, I tend to log it as two seperate sessions. I will just log it as one if the game texture is basically the same as when I left.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:46 AM

the problem is the sites that dont support pokertracker