Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Percentage of flops seen...

my VPIP is 6max NL100 on party is 23%.
On paradise NL200 ring its 21-21%.

I'll play AT and up on the button, along with pocket pairs, and suited connects unless the stacks are real short.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:48 AM

Thanks for all the replies! It looks like my 22% is pretty decent then.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:42 PM

I play 6max NL100 and my VP$IP is 16%. I have been quite sucessful.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:54 PM

I'm at 18% at Prima. I muck hands like AQ, AJ, KQ, AT, A6s, and lower unless it's in LP unraised pots. Worst hand from EP would be AKo, if you rank that lower than PP.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:55 PM

My VP$IP is 21.% for Party 6 max 100 NL and I don't consider myself tight at all. That would probably be at least 28-30% for flops seen. So 22% seems around very reasonable for a full game. I think optimal % seen can vary depending on your particular style of play.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:58 PM

Full: 18-21% VP$IP
SH: 21-24% VP$IP
Old 01-06-2005, 04:12 PM

This depends on the game. For example if you typically have 5-6 limpers your Sb and button should see a lot of flops. On the other hand if a lot of aggression is taking place pre-flop I've had sessions where I see 14%

A session can be anywhere from 14%-30% and I was able to consider myself playing ideally.

Since a combination of table selection and turnover along with your starting hand selection and adjusting starting hand selection as you go effect ideal play, I suggest reviewing this on a session by session basis rather than long term. (Sorry about the runon)

It is possible for 2 players to have identical starting hand requirements but since one is better at table selection he/she has a higher seen flop %
Old 01-06-2005, 04:46 PM

My SB VP$IP is 32% and SB folded to steal is at 97.8% [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
However my SB is also my second highest winning position - button being highest.

I've only got a few thousand hands in of NL $25 6 max though. I just started two weeks ago when I had 5 hours left to clear 550 hands of an Empire bonus and I figured this was the fastest game - and I took a liking to it and the horrible play I've seen. I used to play limit he and o/8.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've only got a few thousand hands in of NL $25 6 max though. I just started two weeks ago when I had 5 hours left to clear 550 hands of an Empire bonus and I figured this was the fastest game - and I took a liking to it and the horrible play I've seen. I used to play limit he and o/8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Muhahahaha SSNL snags another 2+2'er. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] BTW what levels of limit play did you play before?
Old 01-06-2005, 05:20 PM

I play at Golden Palace. Been there for about a year. Right now I play 9 player .25/.50 NL. I see about 44% of the flops. I am doing very well by the way. I think my 44% is high but you can't argue my results. In fact, I would say 95% of my beats are to crappy hands like 37s etc. There is not too much preflop raising going on normally. I am normally able to play all PP, AK, AQ, Ax suited, suited connectors 56 and higher, as well as any 2 face cards (i.e. JT, QT, KJ etc). If there is a big raise after me I'll just toss the weak hands no biggie.