Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Flopped quads against TA-A (suspected 2+2) pf raiser

Preflop raiser is TA-A and I suspect he's a 2+2er. I also suspect he knows I'm TA-A and a 2+2er. Button is a fish.

I don't know if I like my approach here. I didn't want to get too fancy but, at the same time, I didn't want to just bet out on the flop and have him raise, forcing the fish out. I toyed with the idea of betting out the turn, but was afraid the TA-A would smell something fishy and just call. I bet out the river in fear of it being checked through and in hopes of a raise.

I don't quite know what hand he could possibly put me on that he wouldn't raise me with, but, oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] If I was in his place, I'd think the only reasonable holding that a TA-A can have UTG that beats him is 88. The only other reasonable holding that a TA-A would just call UTG with is KQo and his two pair beats that two pair. I probably would have played this more strongly in his position.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 <font color="#A500AF">(TA-A)</font> raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">TA-A bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">TA-A 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">TA-A bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, TA-A calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, TA-A calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 01-06-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Flopped quads against TA-A (suspected 2+2) pf raiser

I'd bet the flop here, and depending on who calls and who folds to his inevitable raise, re-evaluate on the turn.

Rob
Old 01-06-2005, 11:54 AM

he also has to worry about A8s, and if he has AK then he has to worry about KK. I don't put him on KK though, he slowed down a little too soon for that.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he also has to worry about A8s, and if he has AK then he has to worry about KK. I don't put him on KK though, he slowed down a little too soon for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I missed that...I could have held A8s, in which case his fear is a bit more justified. But I just don't think he can put me on KK. That's what I was hoping HE had. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a side note - I cap every street with KK here, every time.

I like both the flop and turn c/r. Betting the river is right.

-d
Old 01-06-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the flop here, and depending on who calls and who folds to his inevitable raise, re-evaluate on the turn.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. button is more likely to call 2 cold than UTG+1. i'd probably 3-bet his raise and if he caps, look to check-raise the turn and trap the button if he's still around.

btw, you played it just fine.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. BTW, I think I accidentally gave too much info in my original post that hinted at what he actually had, AA. I would have at the very least raised the river with AA in his position, suspecting a missed OESD or KQo.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. BTW, I think I accidentally gave too much info in my original post that hinted at what he actually had, AA. I would have at the very least raised the river with AA in his position, suspecting a missed OESD or KQo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the flop/turn action, I think raising AA on the river is too aggresive.