Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Hand from 2+2 table last night--what do you do?

With a raise and a reraise in front of him, a passive player may very well not reraise with Kx, and then proceed to call all the way down. Either that or he could have a high [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so I am a bit scared of CO, not considering him dead money at all. I would like the play more without CO but with him Im calling the raise on the flop and check/calling the turn.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the original read of LAG, the guy could be holding A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] rag in which you would be a prohibitave favorite. He could even be playing something like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i get your point, but what i dont' understand is why you think it's more likely for him to have 88 vs. Kx or AA or QQ or 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s? the entire way, you're either way ahead or way behind and assuming he's rational, it's playing like your way behind...
Old 01-06-2005, 04:04 AM

So here was my thinking...

1- 2+2 tables tend to go through cycles of foolish, over aggressive betting and tight, solid play. when this hand was played i thought it was in a foolish overagreesive mode...

2- on the flop, i reraise because I want to know if anybody has AK. Based on dynamics of table, i think AK will cap...also, with the flush draw, backdoor fullhouse, and backdoor str8 possibilities, this could still be a value bet...since it is not capped, I think CO is sitting with A or Q of diamonds and on flush draw. I put UTG on KQ, QQ or foolishly overplayed overplayed AQ trying to scare us out of the pot. if he had big flush draw to boot he'd also have capped i think.... i think he is worried i have AK and I think I have a small chance of getting him to lay down QQ, KQ by betting out on turn...after all, this is a huge pot by time it gets to turn and I'm willing to spend a few if it can buy me the pot...

3- when he raises me on the turn I think damn he got KQ and I'm toast and i overplayed my JJ like a dang judogirl fool...think about what a fish i'm gonna look like when i lose this hand...think about folding... then think about Ed Miller post about why we're not crushing the microlimit games and folding too much when the pot is big...resolve to call down.

here were the results...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Ac Tc (two pair, kings and tens).
CO has 9s Th (two pair, kings and tens).
Hero has Jd Jc (two pair, kings and jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 18.50 BB. </font>
Old 01-06-2005, 04:13 AM

wild. good hand, judo.