Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 07:37 AM

Default How do I use Keepass? Any help appreciated.

Following some of the security conscious and "I lost all my money to a keylogger" posts recently I decided to tighten up my laptop and downloaded various programs suggested on those threads - process guard, adaware, and spybot. All seem to be up and running fine (though adaware seems to freeze in the middle of scans).

Anyway also downloaded Keepass. I have just read all the help files and browwsed the online forums. Can I figure out for the life of me how to actually use the thing? No. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm relatively competent with these things generally and probably could have a good stab at working it out through trial and error. Problem is I don't want to go messing up my passwords or changing things if I'm not sure what I'm doing.

I know this is kind of off topic and if there's a step by step out there somewhere feel free to point me at it but I can't find it. Otherwise any help on just how to randomly generate and save my Party password for example and use keepass to enter it from then on would be gratefully appreciated. I should be able to extrapolate that to all other passwords then.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me here.

Mackas
Old 01-04-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: How do I use Keepass? Any help appreciated.

Once you create a database with your passwords, you double click on a password to copy it to the Windows clipboard. Then use ctrl-v to paste it into the log in box for the site/program that requires the password. Hope this helps. Took me a while to figure it out, but I like the program.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: How do I use Keepass? Any help appreciated.

Thanks a lot Bill, got everything working now so odds are all my accounts will now be robbed tonight.

Anyway, one last question (anyone who knows this and feels like answering please work away) - I have generated a Key disk instead of a master password. Is there any way I can create a backup of the keydisk? Copying it doesn't seem to work and can't find anything on the support forum either.

Thanks Again

Mackas