Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Vintage Kem\'s - circa 1962

damn son you could probably get some cash money off that sh1t
Old 12-31-2004, 11:02 PM

Sorry Ten, I'm not sure. I do think that it's been that way for a long (read: Long enough) time that these should fall under that marking.

Cody
Old 01-02-2005, 11:03 PM

Nice find! That mint deck is probably worth a lot!
Old 01-03-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The way to check the age of a KEM deck is to look at the small number to the lower left of the Ace of spades. That three or four digit number corresponds to the printing date.

1298=Dec 1998
675= June 1975

THis will tell you the exact age.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
I figured they were style numbers. The ones I have are listed as 363 & 663... seems odd they would package them together in a set but yet mfr'd 3 months apart?? Seems like a long time to hold inventory to pack out sets?? I'll check mine again when I get home... they seem old but not that old and I noticed alittle's KEM's have the same number.

If the coding system changed from date of mfr what did it change to? Are there 3 numbers on more recent KEM's that signify something else?

Thanks,
Fins
Old 01-03-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The way to check the age of a KEM deck is to look at the small number to the lower left of the Ace of spades. That three or four digit number corresponds to the printing date.

1298=Dec 1998
675= June 1975

THis will tell you the exact age.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
I figured they were style numbers. The ones I have are listed as 363 & 663... seems odd they would package them together in a set but yet mfr'd 3 months apart?? Seems like a long time to hold inventory to pack out sets?? I'll check mine again when I get home... they seem old but not that old and I noticed alittle's KEM's have the same number.

If the coding system changed from date of mfr what did it change to? Are there 3 numbers on more recent KEM's that signify something else?

Thanks,
Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

Decided to go look at my double Pinochle KEM's: Two decks, one made in Jan 1948, the other in May 1948. Very cool. The cards are a bit yellowed, but otherwise appear good as new. Not even warped in the slightest.

On the inside of the Bakelite case is the laquered-on label from the card shop, Harrisburg PA. It has no zip code, but a five digit phone number. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ten