Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Good? Bad?

Game itself has been very loose passive so far. Obviously after the turn hit I wanted my hand back, but is this fold correct in a typical loose/passive small limit party game?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 01-03-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Good? Bad?

Yeah, this is fine. People don't always slowplay trips, so you can't rule out a 3 from BB or UTG. And unless they're both on a flush draw (or one is on a flush draw and the other has something like a medium pocket pair), you've got to figure one of them has at least a queen, in which case you can't be too confident about your kicker.

The pot is small, you're quite likely behind, and you will sometimes go on to lose to a flush even when you are ahead. I would fold on the flop too.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:39 PM

I think this is fine. You're unlikely behind and you're gonna have to pay a lot of bets to showdown your top pair-weak kicker hand.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:03 PM

Yeah, My guess was that BB was on a 3 or a flush draw. For UTG to raise to isolate him, I made the assumption that UTG was on a hand like QJ,KQ,AQ all of which would be reasonable for him to limp in UTG with. Turns out that BB was on AJo and called the flop raise. He then led the turn and was called. Then led the river and was called. UTG had K8 spades for the second nut flush draw. Just goes to show you, putting crazy people on hands just doesnt work. However, I think given the game texture in general, a fold here is probably correct? Calling two bets cold with a 10 kicker on a two flush flop with the risk of a reraise behind me just seemed to risky. This seemed to be a typical example of a weak made hand in a small pot with reverse implied odds.