Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Should I be scared to use Party skins?

Thank you for an excellent reply.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:45 PM

I know others have posted about this but I will give you my experience from just a couple of days ago...

I only deleted the registry key referenced in one of the other posts. I did not uninstall anything. I then downloaded and installed Empire's skin. I used the same email address and Neteller account as I used to sign up with Party. It let me fund the account and play without worry.

I got a call about 2 hours after signing up from a person representing 'Party Poker and Empire Poker'. She said that they handled all of the accounts for them. I had used a different first name for my Empire account and they locked both accounts due to that issue. I explained that one was using my legal first name, the other I was not thinking and used the name that I typically go by. She asked me to fax over a drivers license showing the legal name, an explanation of why the first name was different for the accounts, and the screen name from each. She said that she would use the info to link the accounts and all would be well.

An hour after faxing it all to them (she said I could not sign into the accounts to even withdraw without the info) all was well. I asked them in my fax to change the first name on the new Empire account to match the Party account and that was also done. I was specifically told by the person that called: "We don't care if you have accounts at different poker sites, we just want to keep track of which ones belong to you and that there will be no fraud."

I don't know if I would have had to go through any of that if I had created the account with the same first name (next time I make sure of the one I used), but that is just what I learned recently from them.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:33 PM

Sorry to say this registry mod does not seem to work anymore. I have just tried to sign up at Poker Now after using it, and got knocked back for already having a Part Skin account.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:51 PM

you can use all the same info(neteller, email, name, address...). You just have to do one of the steps in order to create the account.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can use all the same info(neteller, email, name, address...). You just have to do one of the steps in order to create the account.

[/ QUOTE ]
What you talkin' bout Willis?

I used the reg mod, I registered, it didn't work. What EXACTLY are you telling me I should have done different?
Old 01-15-2005, 05:37 PM

when i signed-up several months ago the registry-mod didn't work for me either...i got knocked back.

However, after uninstalling party and all the skins AND deleting all cookies on my computer I was set to go.

I think different methods need to be employed on different computers for some reason....because obviously some people were just fine with the registry-key method...but I had to do other stuff.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What you talkin' bout Willis?

I used the reg mod, I registered, it didn't work. What EXACTLY are you telling me I should have done different?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...I wasn't telling you you should have done anything different. I was just saying to the OP that it doesn't matter about the specific info(name,address,email,neteller) and that you can use the same info for each skin.
It worked for me deleting the reg key, but it may not work for you or even at all anymore.