Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 06:26 PM

Default Re: BB/100 What is a reasonable number?

Somewhere during the first month?

But that's pretty irrelevant, it depends so much on your background, how much you study, how much you play etc. I've been playing strategy games all my life, I've taken a few university courses in statistics and I'm used to studying complex texts. So I happened to have a near perfect background to taking up poker, and I fell in love with the game at once.

HPFAP states that someone who is a break even player and studies the text and plays recreationally for a year should be able to beat the game for 1BB/hour or so.

Post hands, read posted hands, participate in discussions about hands. These metagame discussions will do very little for your BB/100, but reading/posting/thinking about hands will do alot.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:32 AM

Okay read and skimmed most of the replies.

I believe 3/6 is a lot harder than 2/4. At 2/4 you run into more gold mines who play their hands too strong compared to 3/6.

3/6 is a bit more tight and correct aggression (more so passive IMO).

I was at over 4 BB/100 at 2/4 and believe that 2 is good...3 is doable...4 you really should look at moving up once you get more bank.

At 3/6 I'm stuck more around 3.5-4 BB/100. I think the game texture is different enough where you gotta change how you play. Also table selection is important as I won't stay a table that has an average pot below 6 BBs unless there is someone there worth it. I'm often table hopping.

I also found I would have big swings at 2/4 compared to 3/6, I think due to the play not being as horrible. I personally also think you could make more or very close at 2/4 4 tabling than 3/6 4 tabling. BUT, it won't prepare you as well for higher limits. Once you get better, then 3/6 will make you more.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At 3/6 I'm stuck more around 3.5-4 BB/100. I think the game texture is different enough where you gotta change how you play. Also table selection is important as I won't stay a table that has an average pot below 6 BBs unless there is someone there worth it. I'm often table hopping.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're 'stuck' at only utterly crushing the game? Move up!
Old 01-02-2005, 05:49 AM

I play 5/10 and 15/30 at other sites. But yes, I am a puss. And bicyclekick reminds me of this daily.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:42 AM

I see the light..Thanks