Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: The Raymer incident finally made my morning paper

Dear Greg,

As someone over 60 who (in the "old days") used to carry large sums of gambling money regularly, I have a lot of experience with muggers. I've been robbed at gunpoint three times, and once with a straight razor pressed against my jugular vein. It never occurred to me to fight off the thugs and I never miss the money they took. (Money is SO easy to replace.)

My advice: Don't make eye contact and give no resistence and you'll probably survive unhurt. They just want your cash.

In your case, you were absolutely correct instinctively refusing to go into your room alone with them. If they pop you in the hallway, then they surely would have killed you (or worse) out of sight in your room. Tell them take what they want but you're not going anywhere with them. (To casual observers, nothing is amiss, so why create panic?)

Responding with physical resistence was VERY unwise and extrememly dangerous. You are very lucky.