Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2005, 03:45 AM

Default New Years Bonus/Promotions on Full Tilt

For the month of January, Full Tilt will hold a $10,000 freeroll for the 500 players earning the most Full Tilt Points. In addition, the winner of the $10k freeroll will get their own avatar. The race for the avatar has begun... (http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/freeroll.html)

In addition to a 100% first time deposit bonus, Full Tilt is also bringing in 2005 with a 50% re-load bonus, up to $300. (http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/reloaddeposit.html)

There are still two qualifying tournaments remaining for the WSOP Circuit Event at Harrah's Atlantic City. Enter a $200+16 satellite, and you can win a $10,000 seat, $2,000 cash for travel expenses, and a dinner with members of Team Full Tilt. (http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/wsoptourney.html)

Finally, you can still win your way into Howard Lederer's Fantasy Poker Camp. At 4PM ET on Sunday, January 2nd, one entry is guaranteed in the $24+2 super satellite, in addition to $505 in travel expenses. You can win a token for the $24+2 in a $4+.40 Sit-n-Go satellite.
(http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/camp.html)
Old 01-01-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Re: New Years Bonus/Promotions on Full Tilt

WOW!!! NH! By the way, isn't this spam?
Old 01-01-2005, 11:16 AM

Well, is it? It's not in violation of the rules on affiliates posting, though it certainly is spam. So where should it be posted? Where can I go to read the latest offers?
Old 01-01-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WOW!!! NH! By the way, isn't this spam?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is not spam, there are no affiliate links or codes mentioned in the original post.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:10 PM

Yes, here it is . . . (reading from dictionary) . . ."spam is not spam unless it includes an affiliate code or link." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2005, 03:53 PM

A full tilt thread that does not mention how bad it sucks? Thats a first.

While this is borderline spam it is no more then the OIC threads or similar.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, here it is . . . (reading from dictionary) . . ."spam is not spam unless it includes an affiliate code or link." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, Mat and whoever that is an admin of the forums here have say on what is spam and what isn't, since this is their forum. So, our opinion is irreleveant.

Nevertheless, the post in question doesn't violate any sort of posting rules that I'm aware of as it doesn't contain any links to any affiliate sites and/or affiliate bonus codes, etc.

One of the reasons some people read this forum is to be aware of the various promos and/or deposit bonuses that are out there.

Educating the newb's, I guess that's my new role since Gabbyyy isn't hanging around very often.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:00 PM

What's the deal with Full Tilt? I'm getting the feeling that they're really desperate. Any chance that they might close up shop soon?
Old 01-01-2005, 05:07 PM

Actually I have no beef about this particularly, as I also like to know what's going on. But when a poster with a username like FTPnews posts spam about his own business and you say "Oh no, it can't be spam because there's no affiliate link" I can't help wondering if you seriously believe this. The true non-spam would be if somebody with no ax to grind had made the post just to help us out--clearly not the case here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2005, 06:47 AM

"What's the deal with Full Tilt? I'm getting the feeling that they're really desperate. Any chance that they might close up shop soon?"

The site is growing, and they are turning a profit. I wouldn't be worried about them shutting down, especially given the number of pros who have their reputations at stake.