Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Do you ever report abusive chat?

I was playing $1-2 at the PokerRoom.com this morning. I can't remember if it was my first hand and I had posted or if I called two bets cold with six others in the pot and I had medium suited connectors.

I flop a flush draw and an open-ended straight draw and raise the turn when my flush draw gets there. MHIG and the preflop raiser starts a rant about how He couldn't believe I called a raise with that hand. I asked him if He wouldn't call a raise with suited connectors ad He goes off on a cussing fit.

I ratted him out to the chat police. I don't care if someone says a cuss word, but multiple MF's and CS's are a little to much.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Do you ever report abusive chat?

Only once. The guy was using every cuss word in the book but I couldn't have cared less but then he started with the "n" word I thought that's enough and reported him.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:03 AM

Only while wolfbagging.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:02 AM

Clarification for the Clueless, please. What is wolfbagging?
Old 01-01-2005, 11:54 AM

Wolfbagging is a rejuvination technique which is only divulged to those who multitable 12+ simultaneously. Unfortunately there have been bad results among those who multitable fewer than 12--something about stamina, I guess. Do you multitable 12+ so that we can share this therepeutic technique with you? If so, please post a screenshot showing your 12 tables--sorry for the inconvenience, but this is a requirement of our liability insurance carriers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2005, 12:27 PM

I've reported people before. I can take it, but if they rant at me today, they're going to rant at someone who can't take it tomorrow.

However:

[ QUOTE ]
I asked him if He wouldn't call a raise with suited connectors ad He goes off on a cussing fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was bad. Something like "I'm here to have fun, and you can't have fun by folding" would work, but you should never defend your play in a way that shows you think about poker.

Martin
Old 01-01-2005, 12:42 PM

Never.

Ejnar Pik, Southern-Docks.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That was bad. Something like "I'm here to have fun, and you can't have fun by folding" would work, but you should never defend your play in a way that shows you think about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Other options are "I felt lucky this time. and they were suited and I thought diamonds might be coming."
"rather be lucky than good."

When he comes back at you with stuff like
"You're an idiot...I hope you lose all your money playing like that."
I will respond "Thank you. good luck to you also."
perhaps I will divulge what alcoholic beverage I am enjoying....and will also throw in things like "Wow!! I really like tacos. These are GREAT!!"

If you want to go into a discussion of the hand be sure to mention that you weren't sure whether your flush was good because someone might have had a full-house.
However, this is an argument you are only allowed to use if the board is not paired and no full-house was possible.

If you have a full-house...then be sure to mention that you were afraid of being beaten by a flush. (seriously, the first week I played I could never remember whether a full-house beat a flush or vice-versa).

The most ridiculous and silly of statements are preferrable to a discussion of playing suited-connectors for 2-bets in a multi-way pot or how the pot was obviously big enough to justify chasing with your over-cards and back-door flush draw.

you won the hand..there's no need to thump your chest at the table and make declarations about how smart you are.
That's what the 2+2 forums are for!!

btw - happy new year.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:06 PM

I have reported people begging for money several times.
I HATE that.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:15 PM

The only time I reported anyone was when they started using racial slurs directed at me and others at the table. I know that others at the table also complained. From what I could tell the report was ignored. I still see the same guy chatting away.