Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 10:59 PM

Default Re: STOP the donations!!

ok guys, here is the scoop.

first of all, what stars is offering is amazing. there is no doubt that they got some extra motivation here to do this, so we can be very proud of that.

the program they have was designed to begin this evening. the fee rebate, added prizes, donation from lee etc is what stars has kicked in for us. that is perfectly fine. the amount that they can give is indeed limited in certain ways, and our private donation pool is not in the budget.

here is the IMPORTANT part--->> the doubling of donations was intended to bring in MORE donations, not to give a match bonus. the intent has been great from the beginning with stars on our project, it is more than most sites are doing, and we will applaud them for it.

so, while they will not be able to match our fund thus far, i DO encourage everyone that has not kicked in to go that route please. sending it to me will only get you on the list (which i am now closing out tomorrow anyway), sending it direct gets it doubled. that's what is important.

can't blame us for trying tho, huh? and thanks again lee for the $500 from your own pocket!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i believe charity begins at home, but i don't think it ends there.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding

we have a winner!
Old 12-31-2004, 11:13 PM

Default Re: zoo tsunami relief tourney

damn graham, long time!!

ya know?? i thought of you the other day when they were talking about atlantic tsunami threats, then here you are posting.

good to see you!

Old 12-31-2004, 11:16 PM

it's a pretty good bet that I won't be finishing in the money

btw mick, bunch of weak tight mofo's here. you will do great. i'd love to see you knock these sharks back in their goldfish bowl.

welcome to 2+2, nice first gesture with the donation
(and don't tell no one, but i caught it in time shoved it in the double hole.. shhhh)

wooo

Old 12-31-2004, 11:35 PM

hi,

i just got another PM about this and want to put it to bed and get back to what i was doing.

it is being asked why the private donations you made are not being doubled. welllll, THEY ARE. lee and i more than doubled what was sent, so it is exactly the same as if stars doubled it, PLUS we get a tourney with great free prizes, a free fee, and also money if you want to keep some if you win. the idea here is *not* to stick it to stars, but to be grateful they have expanded on it and just hope that every player there makes a donation now that they see the offer.

stars took our idea and is building on it and generating more dough, so please don't regret having made the private donation. as i said anyway, in reality it has been matched PLUS.

ok, carry on.
(as if anyone is reading this anyhow)

Old 01-01-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Tuco puts out a Canadian challenge!

[ QUOTE ]
Meet or beat my $100!

(i'm Nalsund there granny)

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm not a big $15/30 player like yourself but I'm pretty sure I can come up with a measly hun to at least meet your challenge.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] busguy
Old 01-01-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have watched National Guardsmen lose their homes, cars, properties and business because they left to serve their country. Maybe if they showed these famlies and the day to day struggles they have on the news over and over and over everyday maybe then would someone have special poker tourny for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put together a care package and support collection drive this holiday season with the help of the firm where I work. We shipped over 120 pounds of dried food, entertainment items, and much-needed tolietries to our troops stationed in Iraq and also provided food bank support for their families here at home.

What exactly have you done? Stop waving your finger saying that we should be doing something and take some action of your own. Many of us do support those at home as well as abroad.

Please put up or shut up.

(Be sure to let us know when you schedule the poker tournament for the families of Guardsmen stationed in Iraq. I'll be the first to sign up).
Old 01-01-2005, 01:49 AM

granny - sorry i haven't read the whole post in case this was discussed. I can't make the tourney. how can i transfer $$ to you at stars? I can't find the option in the cashier.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:13 AM

It's under "Requests" in the lobby.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] busguy
Old 01-01-2005, 02:48 AM

GrannyMae,

I applaud your effort. An effort by many in this group that shines a very good light on the poker community.

No matter how hard you may try to do what you feel is the right thing, somebody will find a reason to criticize. To the naysayers, I offer only this: The reason we help people in need regardless of whether they love us or hate us, is that we CAN. If not this, I encourage you to give to the charity of your choice.

I have transferred the equivalent of one of my regular tournament buyins to GrannyMae at Stars. It’s not much but I think we can get a bunch of our friends to help. I will contribute all of my tournament winnings, should I get that lucky, to the tsunami fund.

The following letter has been posted on 1 Table Tournament Forum, Multi Table Tournament Forum, and Beginners Forum, which are where our SNG game notices are posted, to ask all of our 2+2 SNG gang to help. It has also been sent by e-mail to the 230 people who regularly receive our SNG game schedules.

I hope this helps with your effort. And let it not be said that GM is not a big hearted ole gal. A crazy leprechaun maybe, but big hearted.

And Jacket? Who said Leather Jacket? Look out Granny, I’m gonna have to bring the A game!

Doc

A special note to the 2+2 SNG gang

Dear 2+2 SNG folks,

GrannyMae who is somewhat of an icon on 2+2, either a leader or a leprechaun (I’m not quite sure which) on Internet Forum known to most of us as the Zoo, has come up with a cause that I think we should support.

The tsunami in Asia is a terrible disaster. Granny and a lot of other 2+2ers are making donations to the disaster relief in the form of direct contributions through Granny to the International Red Cross, or contributing half or more of their winnings from a special 18:00 Sunday 2+2 tournament.

Here is the jist of Granny’s post: link is below
__________________________________________________ _______________
This sunday at 6p EST there will be a private tourney at pokerstars. all those who money will donate 1/2 of their winnings (or more if they choose) to the red cross.

The buy in is $10. the structure is NLHE.

The tournament is now posted as "Zoo Tsunami Relief" under the private tab. it is tourney number 4248593

Those in the money will transfer me 1/2 their winnings after the tourney, i will match that amount, and will send it to the american red cross who is accepting donations.

The password is

zoohelp
__________________________________________________ ___

Granny has offered to match $for$, up to $1000, the amount of the winnings from the tournament donated for the Tsunami Disaster Relief, funds to go to the International Red Cross.

PokerStars has also waived the fee for the tourney, matched some of the donation money, and put up some great incentive prizes for the people who make the final table. (Including a PokerStars leather jacket for the winner, which you can forget because I saw it first!)

In addition, there have been a number of personal donations from our guys at 2+2 and challenges to match the donations.

I have entered the tournament, and made a personal donation to Granny’s fund by transferring the cost of one of my regular tournament entry fees to GrannyMae on PokerStars.

This is an opportunity for the folks from 2+2 to step up and make an effort to help somebody that needs us. We can afford it, if we couldn’t, we wouldn’t be enjoying ourselves playing poker.

I encourage you to read the thread at:

Zoo Tsunami Relief Tournament post by GrannyMae: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mp;sb=5&o=

I also encourage you to enter the tournament on Sunday and to make personal donations as you feel appropriate.

Doc