Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 09:37 PM

Default Re: STOP the donations!!

[ QUOTE ]
who said the zoo can't make things happen? now let's see if we can get a double-dip-doubling of all the funds donated and all the funds that will generate from the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're going to double everything you got and then send it to stars to double through again? I think we just invented charity whoring.

J
Old 12-31-2004, 09:42 PM

Default Re: zoo tsunami relief tourney

Granny, I think this is a great cause. Good going!! I've been lurking on 2+2 for a little over a month and after seeing the quality of info on the site I had intended to sign up, but just never got around to it. This thread got me to finally get off my butt to register and make my first post.

I've registered for the tournament, but since I'm a newbie (this will be my first online tourney) it's a pretty good bet that I won't be finishing in the money. Since I'd still like to make a donation to the relief fund through this group, I made a transfer to you through stars (my stars id is MM7ny). If I somehow miraculously end up finishing in the money, I'll donate 100% of my winnings as well.

Thanks for taking the initiative on getting this going. Not only is the amount of money you're putting up very generous, but the amount of personal time and effort you're putting in for this is also an enourmous gift of generosity and kindness. Hopefully this will be an inspiration to others to give a little more of themselves to others that are less fortunate than us.

Kudos to everyone who has contributed in whatever way they can, and for the positive thoughts and comments provided in support of this. Every bit helps, no matter how big or small.

I also think a monthly charity tournament is a great idea. That's something I would definely make an effort to participate in each time around.

Sorry for the long winded first post...

Cheers to all and Happy New Year!

- TheMick7 (Phil)
Old 12-31-2004, 10:00 PM

Nice job Granny. Pretty amazing what you've been able to accomplish here. Kudos to LJ and Stars as well.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:07 PM

thank you mick!

i guess you did not get to the end, but the 50 you just sent is hopefully gonna be 100.

jason, to answer the wonderful whore compliment..
first of all, all that come after mick should use the doubling hole. they won't get on the zoo list, but the donation will get doubled and that is what charity is all about if you can maximize EV like that in tandem with anonymity.

i am being cautious not to make any declarations regarding the early private donations because i am waiting on a confirmation email, but i certainly am hoping that our entire stake just doubled.

let us pray for a grandfather clause and no overall cap from the site. this could be amazing, but i shant not gloat till i get the gloat all clear from the main man whom i sent an email to when phoned about this development.

fingers crossed
Old 12-31-2004, 10:10 PM

As I posted earlier, just want to make sure all know, Absolutepoker.com is donating EVERY tourney entry fee for the whole weekend to relief fund. I am so proud of the poker community for the steps that have been taken. Keep up the great work. See yall tommorow night....UGA.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:18 PM

So you're going to double everything you got and then send it to stars to double through again?

btw, the money has not left the site. we have asked it be moved from "fund a" to the matching fund.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you donate money for the thousands of children who are dying of hunger in our own country?

[/ QUOTE ]

People need help. It doesn't and it shouldn't matter what country they live in.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:34 PM

Over 1,000 men/women have died so far in the war on terror. Many children are now without a father or mother they will never ever see them. Sept 11, 2001 (you remember that tradegy right?) left families without the sole provider of their household. They were not on the beach they were going to work. NEVER FORGET. I have watched National Guardsmen lose their homes, cars, properties and business because they left to serve their country. Maybe if they showed these famlies and the day to day struggles they have on the news over and over and over everyday maybe then would someone have special poker tourny for them. I know what i have done to help my own community all the insults do not bother me. Call me names think what you wish i believe charity begins at home.

think of these families when you play, think of the homeless veitnam veterans, think of the 78 year old person who still has to work at wal-mart because they cant pay for health care.

Enjoy your game.

MRV
Old 12-31-2004, 10:36 PM

Granny,

I signed up but I can't guarantee to do the loose thing. I'd need therapy for that. ...maybe if it'd been rebuy...! I'll have a liquid lunch that day and see what I can do.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if they showed these famlies and the day to day struggles they have on the news over and over and over everyday maybe then would someone have special poker tourny for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

why haven't you organized one? instead of complaining someone isn't spend all their time and money on the charities you care most about, get out there and do something like this for the causes you believe in.

[ QUOTE ]
I know what i have done to help my own community all the insults do not bother me. Call me names think what you wish i believe charity begins at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

i donate to domestic causes. i donate to international causes. i send books and snacks and supplies to soldiers stationed overseas. i donate to causes in the town where i live.

i believe charity begins at home, but i don't think it ends there.