Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 03:12 PM

Default AQos in SB w/scary board

No strong reads on opponents since I was only on the table for 2 orbits. Assume slightly loose, slightly agressive. My questions and thought process are below...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

I usually raise with AQos in the SB with 3 or less limpers. Should I be raising with 4+ limpers? With AKos I raise with 4+, but with AQos and out of position, I would rather see what the flop brings and proceed from there. Is this flawed thinking?

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Not the greatest flop...Lots of draws, so I bet out to avoid giving a free card.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Ugly card. Any K, 8, two pair or trips are ahead. I bet out to see where I stand. After I'm raised by MP1 and CO calls two cold, I'm pretty sure I'm behind. I call getting 10 to 1 drawing to discounted outs for a gutshot, trips and two pair.

River: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Another scare card. After CO didn't raise, I assumed he wasn't on a flush draw plus calling one bet on the river closing the action with 13.5 to 1 odds, I called preparing for the worst. Was this a good call?

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-30-2004, 03:22 PM

Default Re: AQos in SB w/scary board

This will be my very first 2+2 post.

On the turn, you bet out to see where you stood and you got an answer. If there is ever a time to fold TPTK, this is it. On your turn call, pot is offering you over 10:1, but even a K has you often splitting the pot. Also, it's likely at least one K is in your opp's hand. I consider the remaining Qs and As to be partial outs at best here. I know if I call the turn I am commiting myself to call the river as well, so I fold the turn here.

Ritmo
Old 12-30-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Results

Thanks for the reply. What you say makes sense. Welcome to the forums. You also might want to know that a well respected poster named GuyOnTilt uses the same avatar.

Results:

Hero has Qc As (one pair, queens).
MP1 has Th Jh (two pair, jacks and tens).
CO has 9d 9h (three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: CO wins 14.50 BB.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Results

Can't believe the cut off just cold called the flop with his set....idiot.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:37 PM

Default Re: AQos in SB w/scary board

[ QUOTE ]
I call getting 10 to 1 drawing to discounted outs for a gutshot, trips and two pair.

River: (11.50 BB) 3 (3 players)
Hero checks, MP1 bets, CO calls, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you called the turn hoping to spike a K. Fine but calling the river is bad and overcalling is very bad.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
a well respected poster named GuyOnTilt uses the same avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in that case, in deference to GuyOnTilt, I change my avatar.

Ritmo