Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 01:41 AM

Default fp\'s bowl picks continued

2-0 start; hope to continue it w/ UNC tomorrow early game...

this is one of my biggest bets this bowl season slightly bigger bet than even my OR St pick; UNC is a solid team that has improved significantly in the 2nd half of the season esp on defense, just take a quick glance at their results

BC reeling off missed chance at BCS party + head coach interest in other positions + almost home game for UNC = solid win for UNC for me

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

gl (should have couple more picks for tomorrow's games in a little bit)
Old 12-30-2004, 02:03 PM

Default Re: fp\'s bowl picks continued

to reiterate, the big bet for the day is UNC (-2) for me.

a small bet on New Mexico (ml)
though the navy record is impressive, navy has not beaten a bowl team; there's no doubt that NM's mckamey is not a great passer and inexperienced but fortunately NM doesn't like to pass much anyway

i see this game probably close going into half and in the 2nd half, NM's size wearing down the navy D; NM is one of the best 7-4 mid majors in the country

my rank of bets so far in terms of EV
1) UNC -2
2) Or St -3
3) CO -3
4) N Mex(ml)

NM gets the small bet b/c the off set and plays navy runs will result in big plays making the game closer; i also don't like that navy has no pressure to defend the pass

i see that some are taking NIU in the late game; personally, this is definitely a pass game for me and if i were forced to bet, i would rather take Troy St than NIU; but this game looks way too close to me to find any EV on it; Troy St is one of the best mid major road teams outside Utah and Louis (though is it really a road game when there are going to be 60 people in the stands [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])

yes, im aware their road record is not so good but if you saw those games, you wouldve seen a highly competiitive and highly impressive Troy team

best of luck to everyone
Old 12-30-2004, 05:22 PM

Default oops

BC reeling off missed chance at BCS party + head coach interest in other positions + almost home game for UNC = solid win for UNC for me

... or maybe not

well, you're a bit rusty after flying around in the ether...
Old 12-31-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Re: fp\'s bowl picks continued

my rank of bets so far in terms of EV
1) UNC -2

Guess we'll have to rank these at the end for AV [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]