Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 12:40 AM

Default Re: TPTK facing a Post Flop Min-Raise

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain in the hand is a LAG who could be holding anything from a set to ace high. A couple of orbits earlier I laid down AK to a limp re-raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone who wants to fold needs their head examined.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you wish to convert others to your POV, questioning their mental faculties is not a good beginning.

Why should I feel pot-committed at this point? Exactly why am I putting my tournament on the line at such an early point with so little to gain?
Old 12-30-2004, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain in the hand is a LAG who could be holding anything from a set to ace high. A couple of orbits earlier I laid down AK to a limp re-raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone who wants to fold needs their head examined.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you wish to convert others to your POV, questioning their mental faculties is not a good beginning.

Why should I feel pot-committed at this point? Exactly why am I putting my tournament on the line at such an early point with so little to gain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone keep mentioning the term "pot commited" here? "Pot commited" has ZERO to do with how he should be playing this hand back at a flop min-raise. FWIW, call and auto-push the turn. That's my vote.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does everyone keep mentioning the term "pot commited" here? "Pot commited" has ZERO to do with how he should be playing this hand back at a flop min-raise. FWIW, call and auto-push the turn. That's my vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's pot committed, it's better to push in here. If he's not, there's some room for maneuvering and laying down this hand (though that's probably not the best play here against a LAG). Calling and seeing what happens if a King comes off is another option too.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why should I feel pot-committed at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not just a matter of feeling pot commited.

Regardless of how you got to this point in the hand, you have to look at the decision at hand.

At this point you have a 4-1 call with TPTK against a known LAG on a board with no draws, at least calling is a must.

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly why am I putting my tournament on the line at such an early point with so little to gain?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is currently 21,200, that's not that little.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-30-2004, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not 'pot committed'. You're 'taking all of the other guy's chips with a better hand'.

"Why am I putting my tourney on the line so early with so little to gain" is a line generally used by people trying to justify folding AA PF. It's weak tight and extremely wrong. Finding a fold in here is ridiculous.