Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2004, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Encouraging the fish

a fish will always be a fish.I like the point about suck out on another player,ive never really done that yet,BUT i soon will.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a fish will always be a fish.I like the point about suck out on another player,ive never really done that yet,BUT i soon will.

[/ QUOTE ]
He is a fish when it comes to playing the cards, but maybe not when it comes to detecting your opinion of his play. Fish are not all dumb, they just can't play cards... Let it stay that way by not doing anything to disrupt their non-thinking play.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you are giving them enough credit. Half of them will know what you really mean. They may start to feel embarrased they played the hand at all (if they have spent just a small amount of time a Party a few table coaches would already have berated them for playing such a hand). And they may start thinking twice about playing such a hand again. Just admit to yourself that "nh" is more for you (getting it out of your system) than for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm never embarassed when I suck out on someone.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:47 AM

I have always thought it best to just...keep my mouth shut. I absolutely hate it when someone starts badgering someone else for their 'bad' play. Sure it's bad...but let them think they are just unlucky at the moment.

And even worse is when someone starts talking about their Poker Tracker or saying that the 'fish' is playing 63% of their hands or stuff like that.

---leavenfish
Old 12-30-2004, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like to compliment them when they suck out on other people, but usually only when the victim of the suckout is being an ass about it, berating them for their play etc. If done right it encourages the fish to continue playing, and it tilts the hell out of the loser.

Chiz

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the only time I would do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I like to say things like, "Funny he keeps talking, because you're the one with all the money," and, "This game would be awfully boring if the best hand before the flop always won."

This is also one of the many reasons I like sitting in the 2/3 and 8/9 seats, because you can make rude comments to the people next to you about the people on the other end of the table without them hearing.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you are giving them enough credit. Half of them will know what you really mean. They may start to feel embarrased they played the hand at all (if they have spent just a small amount of time a Party a few table coaches would already have berated them for playing such a hand). And they may start thinking twice about playing such a hand again. Just admit to yourself that "nh" is more for you (getting it out of your system) than for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm never embarassed when I suck out on someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm proud of myself when i suck out on someone! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]