Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 12:47 PM

Default the fatherpimp\'s early bowl picks

damn, it's been a long time; hope the football season is going well for everyone...

OR St -3
it's mostly a momentum bet (which admittedly can be dangerous for bowl games) the beavers have won 5 of their last 6 games w/ the only loss to USC; ND on the other hand has just 1 impressive game in its last 7 games and that win came really against the 3rd string QB of TN

there's also a good matchup handicap here: OR St 9th in pass off; ND 113th in pass D; i expect anderson to pick the ND pass D apart

Colorado -3 (somewhat smaller wager than OR St)
there's just too much of a talent gap here; my main concern here is CO not getting up for the game (observe uva yesterday) but barnett is a solid, underrated coach who'll get the job done [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
(this game would probably have been a pass game for me if the game were held just a week after the OK game; no way would the buffaloes get up for it, but w/ ample time in between i think they'll come out and execute enough to let their talent edge take them to victory)

gl
Old 12-28-2004, 01:26 PM

Default an endorsement/introduction

For those of you not familiar with fatherpimp, he? was one of our respected sports posters last year (at least for football) and was tearing up last year's challenge.... until the aliens beamed him up to their ship for study and brain analysis
(you see, the aliens were in hock up to their tentacles to their Saturn bookie...)

<font color="blue"> I think the aliens, having released fatherpimp from captivity, must have snatched up Big Al and natedogg as a replacement (though I've heard natedogg escaped and is cowering in a basement somewhere in Kansas)...
Old 12-28-2004, 01:30 PM

Default Re: the fatherpimp\'s early bowl picks

The question now is whether Oregon St. is still a strong play at -4.5 and higher, as the line has moved and may continue to move. Clearly not as strong as -3, but is this still a play at -4.5 up to say... 5.5?
Old 12-28-2004, 01:40 PM

Default LOL

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

what happened to wildbill and big al? both are gone?

i see scalf is still fading away. i think people have love/hate relationships w/ this board. haha.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Re: LOL

I don't know what happened to wildbill- unless he changed his alias and didn't tell anyone, I haven't heard from him since last year.

Big Al was kidnapped earlier in the season, and then went on vacation recently and never returned (but you know why now- I guess you didn't pass each other at the ship, ala Close Encounters)
Old 12-28-2004, 02:03 PM

Default Re: the fatherpimp\'s early bowl picks

hmm, hadn't seen the line shift that much; i took this game at -3 about a week ago...

the book i use has it -4 now, and i think it's still a solid bet at -4 though obviously not as safe as -3

if it gets over -4, i would take the ML instead of the line; ND has a history of overachieving or underachieving to make games close
Old 12-28-2004, 04:14 PM

Default Re: LOL

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

what happened to wildbill and big al? both are gone?

i see scalf is still fading away. i think people have love/hate relationships w/ this board. haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

WB was lured away by theprescription.com.
he writes a semi-weekly article there.