Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 02:54 AM

Default A10s utg

Not sure I like my play here, need comments from everyone else. Something told me to fold this hand UTG but I think that might've been weak tight considering the table for the most part had been loose and passive. Anyway, how do you guys play this one given the reads?

BB thusfar has been TA (15% vpip and 2.0 pf agression)
UTG+2 is LP

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (14 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 12-28-2004, 03:00 AM

Default Re: A10s utg

I like it up to the river, where I would check. Against fewer opponents this is an easier value bet but UTG+2 and SB both called two cold on the flop and called a turn bet.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:01 AM

No, don't fold this hand preflop. At micro-limits Axs is pretty much playable in any position.

Your line looks good. Looks like the flush got ya there. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2004, 03:04 AM

I would raise preflop most of the time with this hand. If you are calling for other reasons, cool.

You should check/call the river. The pot is too big to be pulling a bet/fold play, and bet/calling can't be the best idea when the 3rd suited card hits and you have 3 opponents.

Brad
Old 12-28-2004, 03:13 AM

I raise this preflop. The raise on the flop is good.

The river sucks because it's hard to bet/fold in such a big pot and there are so many in the hand with you. I would check call the river because of SB and UTG+2 coldcalling the flop raise and your read of UTG+2.

I think even BB has you beat in this hand. AQo or AJs for him. So yeah, I would check call the river, but people here tell me not to.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:40 AM

Limp this hand preflop UTG on a loose table (that you did). Call the raise preflop, you have value here (that you did).

I like how you played this hand all the way up to the river.

Check/call the river, the card was a blank but LP UTG+2 may have hit 2 pair with Ace-rag or drew out on the turn with some sort of straight calling to try to 'not lose customers'. Judging by UTG+2 calling 2 cold on the flop again, he could have paired his ace-rag, or flopped a straight draw of some sort with a suited connector.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:24 AM

How is a the third diamond a blank?
Old 12-28-2004, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How is a the third diamond a blank?

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't. I'm blind. It probably completed a flush....
Thanks for pointing that out to me.