Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2004, 09:26 PM

Default Comparative Analysis -- Which is easier? Cross Post

(This is a cross post from the general theory forum because the general level of discussion in this forum is much higher than in any other forum on the site.)

I play a fair amount of Stud, Hold 'Em and O/8 at the $10/$20 to $20/$40 levels (well I play pretty regularly in the Commerce $9/$18 Hold 'Em game too). I have pretty good results across the board -- somewhat less so at O/8, but I am a less skilled O/8 player than at the other two games also.

I realize that this is the Hold 'Em (and not the general theory) forum, but which of the three is the best (most fishy)? And which of the three is the best (most interesting)? And, lastly, which of the three is the best (least fishy)? I suppose we could throw, Stud Hilo into the mix also, but I am not playing as much of that as I once did.

Feel free to branch off into discussion of relative variance also.

I am familiar with Mason's essay on the topic of Stud vs. Hold 'Em, but my personal experience in today's lower middle limits is different than what Mason wrote -- especially today with the prevalence of "maniacs" in mid-level HE. I wonder if the games are different, or if one game more neatly fits my particular skill set.

I will wait a while and then post my thoughts.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Comparative Analysis -- Which is easier? Cross Post

I'm not sure if it was you who said it, but the commerce 9-18 is by far the best hold em game in LA. There is a group of 10 people who play it strictly for the jackpot.

Even though I don't have any intense knowledge on any other game besides hold em, I believe that it is the fishiest and easiest to beat at the current time. There are too many people that stroll in after watching one tv show and fall in love with it.

btw PM me next time you hit up the 9-18, i'd love to watch how another 2+2 deals with 7 way capped preflop hands